Best Chinese Food in Bryan/College Station????

13,447 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Frio Cielo
WolfCall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone want to comment on their favorite(s)?
MiMi
S
Vy's
Aji

Both places also offer other Asian cuisine dishes besides Chinese.
mleroyl
For Chinese: T.Jin
For Sushi: 40 Tempura
Asian Fusion: Azure
KidDoc
AG
I agree with the above poster.

I'm wondering if it is my daughter haha.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggiePirate
AG
TJins owns this town, everyone knows this.
WolfCall
AG
Thanks much!
etmydst
AG
I'm partial to Chef Cao's.
Chef Demas 2020
AG
J & j Asian bistro on rock prairie
AgProgrammer
AG
Though it may not be everyone's favorite, I think the Chef Cao's at TowerPoint is the most consistent. I don't think I've ever had a bad experience there and their lunch prices are unbeatable.
AggieAces06
AG
T-Jins is our favorite.
Goose83
AG
Unfortunately the best Chinese places that we've had here are all history - Confucius, China Garden, and the second (and last) incarnation of Rice Garden (a lot of people liked Dragon One as well). As for the current/remaining places, I find them all way too inconsistent to get all that much excited about.
mgreen
Tie
T Jin and J&J Bistro
FlyRod
Shun de Mom Express in that Asian market.
nonag97
The only good "Chinese" food in this town comes from Shun de Mom in the asian market. Everywhere else sucks.
aggieann
AG
quote:
Shun de Mom Express in that Asian market.

What Asian market?
Brewmaster
AG
Only one I know is the one in the strip center w Goodwill in south CS. I think there's a tractor supply there too. I guess I'll have to try it, if FlyRod isn't trolling
MiMi
S
quote:
Only one I know is the one in the strip center w Goodwill in south CS
Yes, this is the place. I've eaten there before. I had the dolsot bi bim bap (Korean bulgogi beef/rice bowl in a sizzling pot). It was outstanding! Their pork buns are good too.
FlyRod
BREWmaster, that is the place. Called BCS Market or something. Off Harvey Mitchell and Texas. The "restaurant" is really a takeout counter off to the side.
AgsWin2011
AG
quote:
J & j Asian bistro on rock prairie

This. By far the best Chinese in town IMO.
Post removed:
by user
NativeTxn
J&J used to be my favorite, but they have gone down hill, in my experience. I haven't tried a few of the mentioned places, but will make it a point to give them a try at some point. For now, my favorite is Imperial, located in the old Tony Roma's building, in Bryan.
AggiePhil
AG
Panda Express
CN
China Garden was pretty much the best Chinese food I've ever had anywhere, not just in BCS. I was really bummed when they closed years ago. But I never understood how they stayed open as long as they did because they hardly had any customers even on the weekend. We got take out from there all the time too so maybe that's what sustained them for a while. I wonder what happened to the owner.

They were to T.Jin/JJ Bistro what The Republic is to Texas Roadhouse... just a totally different level of food and atmosphere.
Frio Cielo
TJins is fine, but most of the dishes have little spicy flavor or heat to them. I like the Sichaun Chinese food that is hot and spicy and have not found any quality dishes in town.

Charlie at Joy Luck could cook the way I like it. I was fortunate that before he sold out and left town he let me watch him make my five favorite dishes and I took extensive notes and photos. Now I can cook them at home and they taste just like he made them.

AggiePirate
AG
quote:
TJins is fine, but most of the dishes have little spicy flavor or heat to them. I like the Sichaun Chinese food that is hot and spicy and have not found any quality dishes in town.

Charlie at Joy Luck could cook the way I like it. I was fortunate that before he sold out and left town he let me watch him make my five favorite dishes and I took extensive notes and photos. Now I can cook them at home and they taste just like he made them.

Time to open a shop or share the wealth! JL was good stuff.
transplanted txn
We befriended a visiting Scholar from China who told us that Chef Cao's was the best. We didn't argue - and have enjoyed eating at both their University and Tower Point locations. Yum.
momkat
Quote:

Vy's
Aji

Both places also offer other Asian cuisine dishes besides Chinese.

We tried Vy's after church on Sunday. We will never go there again. There were 6 of us and we had 6 different dishes. All were awful. No flavor, nothing remotely close spice, just plain awful. The Mongolian beef didn't even look like the right dish. The Pad Thai was just a bunch of noodles in a tasteless sauce. Aji is ok, but not for Chinese in my opinion.
halibut sinclair
+1 for Imperial
NativeTxn
quote:

Here's a little known secret that might make you happy! Charlie, the original owner of Joy Luck is now the owner of Imperial! It's located in the old Tony Roma's location just past Boonville and Hwy 6.
Brewmaster
AG
Imperial Chinese and Sushi? I'll have to give them a try - they get great reviews on google.

quote:
Charlie, the original owner of Joy Luck is now the owner of Imperial!
definitely trying it now!
Brewmaster
AG
ate at Imperial tonight, Outstanding! best chinese I've had in B/CS, ever.

Egg Rolls (vegetable) were fantastic as were our entrees. I had orange chicken and Mrs. Brew had Kung Pao. Lots of food, ate half and took the rest to go for leftovers.
BlueMiles
AG
quote:
Only one I know is the one in the strip center w Goodwill in south CS. I think there's a tractor supply there too. I guess I'll have to try it, if FlyRod isn't trolling

There is another on the east side of Texas Ave, north of Villa Maria.
BlueMiles
AG
quote:
China Garden was pretty much the best Chinese food I've ever had anywhere, not just in BCS. I was really bummed when they closed years ago. But I never understood how they stayed open as long as they did because they hardly had any customers even on the weekend. We got take out from there all the time too so maybe that's what sustained them for a while. I wonder what happened to the owner.

Was this the one close to the Texas/Villa Maria intersection (north east corner, but behind some stuff)? If not, where was it?
w8liftr
Poll the members of the Chinese Student Association at A&M. I would consider them authorities on good Chinese food, probably even greater authorities than Texags (because Texags knows stuff).

We call the Texas version of Mexican food Tex-Mex, what do we call the Texas version of Chinese food- Tex-Chin or Texese?
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
Poll the members of the Chinese Student Association at A&M. I would consider them authorities on good Chinese food, probably even greater authorities than Texags (because Texags knows stuff).

sorry, I could care less... Imperial is the best in B/CS. Best chinese I've had in years. We ate there last night. Bill was $25 for 2 people with Egg Rolls and we had plenty of leftovers.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.