West Barron Rd Closure--Alternative

1,663 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by oklaunion
oklaunion
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With Barron closed on the west side of Fitch 40, routes to / from Wellborn Road have been reduced. One that appears not to be utilized much is eastbound down Barron Cut-Off to the newly built Phillips Pkwy, south past the new elementary school to Victoria, then left through Castlegate to Fitch. Just FYI.
MiMi
S
Brewster should be open soon, which may be an easier/less traveled route from Wallace Pkwy to Fitch. Victoria at Fitch gets pretty backed up at times, especially since it's become the construction entrance/exit for Castlegate II.
PS3D
Why did they close off and tear up Barron Road between WS Philips and WD Fitch anyway? I know that they had to do work to Barron Cutoff to make that part into WS Philips, but Barron?
oklaunion
Brewster is now open.
CrazyAgE
quote:
Why did they close off and tear up Barron Road between WS Philips and WD Fitch anyway? I know that they had to do work to Barron Cutoff to make that part into WS Philips, but Barron?

If this is the part right where Barron and 40 meet, then I think it has to do with a combating the traffic tht will happen with the new school and housing going up right there. If there is another part of Barron that is tore up, then I'm just not aware.
OlAg2001
This was sent out a while back about the road being closed

http://cstx.gov/index.aspx?recordid=9453&page=3084
oklaunion
Barron is open again.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.