The Walking Aggie nears Aggieland -- come say Howdy!

1,557 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by techno-ag
Aggie Network
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG

The Walking Aggie is making his way through the Brazos Valley this week. John Ball '78 has logged more than 1,500 miles of his 2,673-mile journey to raise funds for Aggie Rings.

We need local Ags to help welcome him to Aggieland!

John will walk from Hearne to Bryan on Wednesday; from Bryan to South College Station on Thursday; and from South College Station to Navasota on Saturday. You can help in several ways:
  • If you see John on the road, give him a "hullabaloo" honk!
  • Cheer John along Texas Avenue as he passes the Texas A&M University campus around 10 a.m. Thursday. Signs are encouraged!
  • Join us as we greet John around 2 p.m. at the end of each day's journey in the following areas: Wednesday- Texas Avenue and Woodville Drive in Bryan; Thursday- Santa's Wonderland on Hwy 6 in College Station; Saturday- St. Martinville Church on Hwy 105 in Navasota.
If you aren't in Aggieland, find out if you're along his future route here: http://thewalkingaggie.com/the-route/

He'll go through Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama on his way to Daytona Beach, Florida.
The Association of Former Students | Texas A&M University
AggieNetwork@AggieNetwork.com | (979) 845-7514
Brewmaster
AG
Outstanding!

I heard the story on TexAgs radio a few months back as well.
originaltexan
Spectacular website and blog

http://thewalkingaggie.com/faq/

His photos and blogs are amazing.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Q: Do people call you crazy for wanting to walk across the country?

A: I usually get one of two reactions from people when the topic comes up. The first reaction is that they simply cannot understand why anyone would want to do something as crazy as walk across the country. On the other hand, some people think it's pretty awesome and something that they would like to do themselves someday. I prefer to hang around with the uplifting crowd and stay away from the Debbie-Downers.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.