Hospice advice

2,372 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by CEAg78
momlaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tough topic, a dear friend would appreciate any insights or experiences with various hospice organizations in our area.

Thank you for your consideration and perspectives.
MiMi
S
Hospice Brazos Valley. I cannot say enough good things about them when they cared for my stepfather when he was battling pancreatic cancer. I believe they are the only non-profit hospice care organization in the area.
mommak
I can't say enough good things about Hospice Brazos Valley. They have been so kind and caring.
befitter
Hospice Brazos Valley without a doubt.
momlaw
AG
Thank you.
Any advice going into this?

Any observations regarding doctors providing palliative care?
JeepWaveEarl
AG
Mom law, pm you, have lots of experience with this both as a client and employee of a hospice in BCS. We had a terrible experience w one mentioned above would like to elaborate. Be looking for it by 9:30 am
gettingitdone
Over the last 15 years, I have three occasions in which I have had to deal with Hospice BV. All I can say is "AMAZING"!!!! They were all the most caring, selfless, giving, and compassionate group of people I have ever dealt with.
TimsParents
S
The Mrs is a chaplain for Compassionate Care Hospice and their reputation is excellent . Feel free to contact her. Contact is in profile. Office # is 979-260-9700 they will send someone out to give a presentation on what they do.
Gig'Em & God Bless
barbara314tx
Have used both BV Hospice and Traditions Hospice. Traditions most recently and they were awesome.
momlaw
AG
Thank you for responses. PM and email have been sent.

This is one of those situations we are uncertain even of what the correct questions to ask are.

Any guidance or insights will be appreciated. Off line communication is great, too. My email address is in my profile.

etj77845
Had occasion to use BV Hospice, great, supportive and informative.
transplanted txn
Hospice care is an amazing way to facilitate end of life care. These are never easy times, and every situation is different, but suffice to say the folks who work in this area are gifted, compassionate and called to be exactly where they are.

God bless - and I pray that your situation goes as well as can be expected.
CEAg78
AG
We used Compassionate Care Hospice and they were wonderful. They came quickly (which was good because we waited too long to call). They held my hand and treated my mother like a person even though she was very far gone. They talked to her, sang with her, prayed with her. I have not been close to other hospices I have seen in action. But this group was wonderful.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.