Look out, ETJ - CS is thinking of expanding

3,042 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by O.G.
OnlyANobody
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Story from KBTX

ETJ map as of November, 2014
Post removed:
by user
PhiAggie
AG
If you have any plans to build or start a business, you better get the foundation or part of your structure up before the city comes in and gestapos you by codes.
UmustBKidding
Have to add more victims to keep their promise of not raising taxes to cover their current planned bond waste that was announced. Can't cover their current wasteful spending with the existing suckers, must encumber more.
UmustBKidding
Over 20mil of the 2015 proposal is directly attributable to their must annex Wellborn four years ago.
Yuccadoo
Where does this project stand? Is the TCEQ review done and approved? Just curious, as I know that TWS has decided to remain open for track events for an additional 6 months instead of closing down as earlier announced.

http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/college-station-endorses-municipal-utility-district-to-replace-texas-world/article_f3d71416-b637-11e3-96a7-001a4bcf887a.html
PS3D
quote:
Have to add more victims to keep their promise of not raising taxes to cover their current planned bond waste that was announced. Can't cover their current wasteful spending with the existing suckers, must encumber more.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul, as they say?
DBSwooper
quote:
Where does this project stand? Is the TCEQ review done and approved? Just curious, as I know that TWS has decided to remain open for track events for an additional 6 months instead of closing down as earlier announced.

http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/college-station-endorses-municipal-utility-district-to-replace-texas-world/article_f3d71416-b637-11e3-96a7-001a4bcf887a.html

My personal theory is that the developers reviewed the ESAs returned by the engineers and realized it would be an unimaginable expensive endeavor.
DBSwooper
quote:
Story from KBTX

ETJ map as of November, 2014

I'm trying to understand the ETJ map on SH30 as Bryan annexed out to Cole Rd years ago, 1000ft on each side of the highway, right?
OnlyANobody
I don't know. I pulled that map from COCS' website.
OnlyANobody
This is the Bryan map (limits outlined in blue) but it is older than the CS map: The short answer to your question is yes, this looks like you are right.

carpe vinum
AG
They want Indian Lakes.
Post removed:
by user
O.G.
Somewhere past the race track is the line for the Navasota School District. Nothing will kill a real estate deal to any family that does their homework like that particular info.
PS3D
Didn't they fire all the teachers at one of the schools, or something?

Wonder if the state decided to "North Forest" the ISD and had it absorbed into CSISD in the not so distant future...
O.G.
quote:
Didn't they fire all the teachers at one of the schools, or something?

Wonder if the state decided to "North Forest" the ISD and had it absorbed into CSISD in the not so distant future...

At the middle school, I believe. They all had to re-apply for their jobs. They were giving vouchers out a few years ago to let kids go to other districts. Very bad district, they are trying, but they have a long way to go.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.