Bees in exterior wall of house, help!

1,552 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by aggie0407
aggie0407
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We noticed more bees around our front porch area lately and today we found out where they are coming from. They found a place between the cedar shingles to make a home in the exterior wall. The last thing we want to do is kill them, is there a humane way to get them out? Does anyone know who I can call to check this out? Thanks!
BCStalk
Paging studioone...
studioone
you rang?

email me... Darrin@avalonweddingsbcs.com

saving the world.. one bee at a time..

studioone

just to warn you though... i have 4 year old twins and dont check emails till wife gets home for lunch... bees are fine and aint gonna bother anyone unless u bang on the wall...

this is one of two i got today..

dfphotos
I have some in my garage, hoping they're not in the wall. They've made a home in a box I'm afraid.
studioone

heck of a lot easier to remove a box than a wall..

u want to keep em or?
dfphotos
I do not want them. I'm out of state until Thursday though.
Tailgate88
AG
Studio, how's the bee population doing these days? We have a few hives in our neighborhood and see lots in our landscaping (love to see them). Is the population doing any better? Are you looking for places to put hives?
studioone

my personal hives? Not well with all the rain....not gonna be much honey this year because bees couldn't get out to harvest... also the fact that i've had more weddings this year, the twins are turning 4, and i haven't had time to deal with bees much..

Texas wide? Dunno.... i think texas lost about 40% of the bees last year... CCD and all that. But, what people never tell you is that it's ridiculously easy to double or triple a bee population. Take a hive, remove half... queen stays in one side... and as long as the other side has eggs, there will be a new queen in 16 days... voila..

technically thats how swarms are formed... half the population leaves with the old queen.. the old colony has to produce a new queen..

i think, with all the rain, it will be a difficult bee year... but heck.. there's two bee removals on this thread alone...

aggie0407
Thanks Darrin! I just sent you an email.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.