kbtx facepalm

4,732 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by shotcaller1
TEXAS A and M
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Story about Texas veterans has a picture of Afghanistan soldiers. Why?

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Texas-Lawmakers-Cant-Agree-Wont-Change-Veterans-Benefit-305574711.html?device=phone&c=y

O.G.
That is odd. Best guess is that we equip and supply them, maybe? Kind of a stretch though.
The Anchor
AG
This is horrific. We should blast them on a local message board! Down with KBTX.
95_Aggie
AG
Boycott
BCStalk
First world problem. Everyone stop what your doing NOW and get your tails gown to KBTX with pitch forks and picket signs. See you there.
PrincessButtercup
AG
He just said face palm. Just like they had a herp derp moment. He didn't suggest gathering pitchforks and torches.
BCStalk
I didn't suggest torches. But now that you mention it...
PrincessButtercup
AG
Cause smores, right?
Rapier108
Seems like KBTX doesn't really care about the website much anymore.

The glaring grammatical errors in most stories are numerous and obvious to almost anyone. In this case, someone just picked a random stock photo without even looking at what it actually was. They do it a lot.

Comments are randomly allowed, arbitrarily censored, and trolls are often allowed free reign when comments are allowed. The link below is a great example.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Demonstrators-Gather-in-Protest-of-Former-Brenham-Vet-Case-Not-Presented-to-Grand-Jury-305273761.html
BCStalk
Let's remember that we all make mistakes at work. No reason to publicly shame them every time. Maybe find a more productive hobby?
Scruffy
AG
quote:
Cause smores, right?

I like s'mores
Magic Mike
quote:
Let's remember that we all make mistakes at work. No reason to publicly shame them every time. Maybe find a more productive hobby?

Their mistake stayed on the internet for DAYS.

They make their living in the public eye. They are a joke of a news station that relies on AP stories to offset their inability to report anything of value. Journalism died many years ago at kbtx. The only thing kbtx is good for is regurgitating"stories" spoon Fed to them by various local outlets(mainly TAMU and local police departments)

95_Aggie
AG
quote:
Seems like KBTX doesn't really care about the website much anymore.

The glaring grammatical errors in most stories are numerous and obvious to almost anyone. In this case, someone just picked a random stock photo without even looking at what it actually was. They do it a lot.

Comments are randomly allowed, arbitrarily censored, and trolls are often allowed free reign when comments are allowed.
Have you ever visited the Houston Chronicle website?
KBTX SJF
Just happened to mosey on by at weekend's close and caught this thread...

I can with almost 100 percent certainty tell you what happened with this. Through our web posting system, we have access to what is likely thousands of images that we've uploaded throughout the years. In the case of this story, the person who posted it likely did a search through the archives for "military," browsed through what came up, and posted an image of military boots. What the person did not see down the page was that the image came with a caption noting that it was, in fact, boots of Afghan soldiers. Normally, the images in our system don't come with captions automatically attached to them. This one did. I've removed that image and replaced it with one more appropriate.

If you happen to have a question, concern or comment about anything you see on air and online, you're welcome to contact our newsroom via at news-at-kbtx-dot-com. We'll be happy to correct any issues as quickly as possible. Our eyes are not locked on the Aggieland forum all day, and I understand that its more fun to point out errors than to be constructive and help be a solution.

I came across a grammatical error on a CNN.com article this morning (actually, yesterday morning now). Nothing major, but something that needed fixing. I threw a tweet the way of the author, who got back to me with his thanks. The piece was corrected within minutes. Mistakes happen, and while I've certainly had my finger pointing moments in the past, I've come to find out that being part of the solution feels a lot better than laughing at the problem.

When the robots we create in the coming years rise up and take over our planet, then maybe the Autobot 3000s that run KBTX will be mistake-free. For now, we'll learn from our errors as human beings and work extremely hard to avoid them in the future. We are not undeserving of or above criticism. Mr. Wright holds our station to high standards and is not afraid to let us know if he thinks we're not reaching them. I'm sure he'll do so in this case because it deserves to be. It was a mistake that shouldn't have happened.

Hopefully everyone has a good week ahead and is drying out a bit...
Steve Fullhart
KBTX News 3 | Bryan/College Station, TX
75AG
AG
Words...words...words...words...words... And finally:
quote:
It was a mistake that shouldn't have happened.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
OP:

KBTX would like to come to your work place tomorrow and monitor your activities. As soon as you make a mistake, they will start a thread on TexAgs.

Please contact them ASAP
Nom de Plume
AG
It would be a good lesson for a lot posters if we could mock every thing they do working the front counter of (insert business name here). It's ridiculous. An apology comes, with some constructive advice of its own, and there's *****ing. Shocker.
duffelpud
AG
Steve, I just saw Autobot 3000 and about 100 drones heading towards your house!
The Anchor
AG
quote:
Words...words...words...words...words... And finally:
quote:
It was a mistake that shouldn't have happened.

Schrute Farms
Someone needs to notify the media!
shotcaller1
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.