Charging for Parking at Veteran's Park

2,125 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Turtle88
Sweet Kitten Feet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
At a soccer tournament up here and they charged me $10 just to get in and park. Is that allowed? I talked back and told them is a city owned park and my taxes already pay for it. Didn't want to get towed so I paid it. I emailed the parks dept already. But this seems like a load of BS to me. Maybe charge out of towners but not citizens.
Leslie
This is crazy......
Scruffy
AG
I thought it was paid for by the hotel tax. Not locals.
If so, then should locals have to pay and visitors get in free?
Eliminatus
AG
That is pretty crazy. See if you can find out who exactly is collecting it and who exactly it is going to. It may not in fact be the city. Is it the tournament organizers?

I just don't understand why they would charge at all. On what grounds is a charge needed?
AggiePhil
AG
Apparently the tournament is charging attendees to park with the consent of the parks department. Non-tourney goers can still park for free.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Should have told them we were just there for the playground
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
They also should have included it in tournament fees
wasntme
I just drove through. There is no way I'm paying $10 to park in a city park. If they wanted to include it in the charge of the tournament they should have just increased the fee. Charging to park looks "bush league"
momlaw
AG
But you did not because you do not want to teach your kids to lie.
double b
AG
COCS is going to make their money one way or another with that park.
DBSwooper
quote:
Since Get To The Grid money boondoggle fell through...
AggieAces06
AG
quote:

If the tournament is charging the parking fee, then the City isn't seeing the money. The tournament would have already paid their registration fee to use the park.
ro828
Are you sure this wasn't someone with a card table and a change box who decided to run a scam?

It's happened before. I remember reading about some town where the "parking attendant" showed up regularly 8 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday except holidays to collect fees. He was friendly, helped people find their way if they were new to the area, got to know people by name.

Then one day he stopped showing up. People went to the city offices to see if he had retired or was ill but all they got was, "What parking attendant? We've never charged fees for that."
Turtle88
AG
Just found me a weekend job! Thanks!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.