Nice buns at Harvey Washbangers

4 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by BEaggie08
Bpriefert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We love the buns at Harvey Washbangers and eat there somewhat regularly. Tonight we attempted to replicate the Banger experience with a significant failure on the buns. I'd rather not bother the cooks/management but does anyone have any favorite buns that are similar to HWB and if so, where can we buy them? Thanks!
momlaw
AG
Back in the day HWB would sell us the buns to go.

Shipwreck Grill also has the Sheila Partin buns as does the cafe in the gas station NW corner southbound 6 and 105E in Navasota. Not sure where else in the vicinity.
PS3D
quote:
Back in the day HWB would sell us the buns to go.

Shipwreck Grill also has the Sheila Partin buns as does the cafe in the gas station NW corner southbound 6 and 105E in Navasota. Not sure where else in the vicinity.

It looks like you can buy them online?
Jayjay4268
AG
Ozonas has these same buns. We have found extremely similar buns in the jalapeo cheddar variety at readfields in their freezer section. Otherwise, you can order from Sheila Partin online
CrazyAgE
quote:
Otherwise, you can order from Sheila Partin online

Yep, but if I read it correct, the only option to ship is UPS 2-day air for like $18-19!! It's $19 for 24 buns, plus that shipping? No thanks!

I will actually be around that area next week and may swing by there and check them out
BCStalk
Ruffinos buns are pretty awesome. But I believe they are sour dough. Can't remember for sure other then they were good.
Twix
AG
You can buy Banger Buns. We've had dinner there, then bought a couple bags of buns to throw in the freezer.

You can also buy day old buns from Grub for a dollar...much cheaper and I like them too. They make really good French toast!
BEaggie08
AG
quote:
quote:
Otherwise, you can order from Sheila Partin online

Yep, but if I read it correct, the only option to ship is UPS 2-day air for like $18-19!! It's $19 for 24 buns, plus that shipping? No thanks!

I will actually be around that area next week and may swing by there and check them out
I'd be fine with the $19 shipping if it was per order, but it's per item. That's a real bummer. They really need to contract with someone on the shipping. Better yet, sell it in stores.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.