Farmers' Market in Bryan

4,329 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by amanda04
oklaunion
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This might have already been posted but I saw the announcement a week ago about the Brazos Valley Farmers' Market relocating to the true downtown Bryan beginning on Saturday, June 6th.

"The Brazos Valley Farmer's Market is returning to its roots by moving its weekly vendor market to Historic Downtown Bryan. Saturday, June 6 will be the first market in the new location on 21st St. between Main and Bryan streets on the north end of downtown"

I cruised by the future venue yesterday and it looks awesome with plenty of parking and wide open spaces. So for 2 more Saturdays it will continue to be in the Health Dept. parking lot but then will move.
We grabbed some nice cucumbers and squash last weekend and were told there would probably be local peaches and more berries this weekend. Berries sold out fast last week.
Just FYI to help out our local farmers.
Brewmaster
AG
Awesome, we'll check it out. Thanks for posting.
Eliminatus
AG
Good to know. Thanks for the update.

Love the farmers market.
Tailgate88
techno-ag
halibut sinclair
FlyRod
oklaunion
I found out this weekend that the Farmers' Market is also setting up in the parking lot of Village Foods on Wednesdays, 4-7pm. Thanks to Village Foods for the kind gesture.
dachsie
There is also the South Brazos Valley Farmer's market in the S&W hospital parking lot on Friday afternoons
Eliminatus
AG
quote:
I found out this weekend that the Farmers' Market is also setting up in the parking lot of Village Foods on Wednesdays, 4-7pm. Thanks to Village Foods for the kind gesture.

They've been doing this for years. But it is much smaller. Usually only about 3-4 vendors max Last few times I went. Great way to get some fresh veggies though during the week. Village Foods is awesome to cultivate this.

I will always support local.
oklaunion
The guy with peaches said he would have over 200 lbs of RIPE peaches tomorrow morning, ready to eat or can or put into ice cream.
techno-ag
FlyRod
Cancelled
AG
How the heck are his peaches ripe? Mine won't be ripe until late June or early July.
motherrunnersBCS
Asked him that this morning. He said he had a couple of "early varieties" - enough that he could spread out the harvest. Bought a bag, they look nice, not ripe-ripe like I have to eat them this second, will probably grill some tonight and by tomorrow start baking with them, ready to eat out of hand Monday, Tuesday. Looking forward to the market opening downtown - it was nice today, tons of produce available, bought way too much. The cardamom bread from Twisted Bakery is great!
Eliminatus
AG
I missed out on it this week sadly. Gonna have to hit the Wednesday one for sure now.

And that cardamom bread is like crack to me now. So damn good.
oklaunion
The new site at 21st street and Bryan is really pretty nice. Easy and plenty of angled parking, sidewalks and 21st is completely blocked off for pedestrians. For y'all who don't have a garden producing tomatoes yet, there were some of the best looking tomatoes I've ever seen on Saturday. Celebrity variety with plenty of flavor and big enough to cover the biggest hamburger. Plus there were some German and Russian black varieties that you don't usually see this early. Howdy Farm had a nice spread including tomatillos and eggplant. Lots of breads that are indeed addictive along with homemade jellies. Don't miss out.
FlyRod
Glad they have tomatoes as the heat has put the kibosh on mine.
techno-ag
happyinBCS
How early are they set up?
dfphotos
I went at around 8:05 on Saturday and seemingly everyone was there and setup. Not sure how much earlier than that.
DBA
We are excited to have the Farmer's Market back in Downtown Bryan! They are on the north end of downtown every Saturday from 8 a.m. - noon. They have live music on the first Saturday of the month. The Downtown Bryan Association is looking at adding arts & crafts vendors once a month, as well.

http://on.fb.me/1cJ34dP
Brewmaster
thefarcus
marrocco
With the egg shortage, have the prices of yard eggs at the market jumped?
amanda04
AG
I was at the market on Saturday and talked with one of the egg providers. He said he had no intention of raising his prices.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.