Young Professionals in Energy College Station - June Annoucment

747 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by O.G.
YPE CS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mark your calendars for the following YPE events coming in the month of June:

June 2nd
Brazos Valley Bombers Baseball Game

Tickets still available for the game at 7PM. Please follow this link for additional details.

June 15th
Charity Sporting Clay Shoot benefiting United Way of the Brazos Valley

For additional information and details, please follow this link.
waterchick
Mr. egret wanted to know how young is "young" for YPE.
O.G.
Just north of 40 here and I go.
normaleagle05
AG
quote:

SAWgunner, do you find this to be a valuable tool in business development? I can definitley see the recruiting value but thats not my primary interest currently. We recruit well but need oil and gas contacts. We have the staff experience to provide a lot of services but it is a new venture for the firm.
O.G.
quote:
quote:

SAWgunner, do you find this to be a valuable tool in business development? I can definitley see the recruiting value but thats not my primary interest currently. We recruit well but need oil and gas contacts. We have the staff experience to provide a lot of services but it is a new venture for the firm.

Absolutely. It is a networking opportunity, just like Chamber of Commerce events or any other professional organization that is out there.

What a lot of people in BCS may not realize is the sheer number of Energy Professionals that were here this time last year. Granted, this has changed with the huge drop in oil prices/jobs etc. However, this time last year there were 5-6 Land Offices in this town that I know of and I'm sure a couple that I may not have been aware of.

At least one of those offices had 50+ people working in them and most of those were staying here, from out of town, during the week. That means they were staying in Hotels, eating in restaurants, going to movies, bars etc. Generally contributing to the local economy. I'm not sure how you would measure it, but it was quite a large contribution to the local economy.

As to your firm and being a new venture, I would look at attending the Sporting Clay Shoot and possibly even being a sponsor. It would open the door and conversation up quite a bit.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.