Best Online Driver Education?

4,841 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by chigger
sjl96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We just got an ad through the mail for a course by "National Driver Training"; anyone use them? Any others? My son is about to start training... Thanks!
don61
We used teendrivingcourse.com. They had some study guides and practice tests. But, overall, I think most online driving courses are about the same.
sjl96
AG
Thanks tudie! This NDT one caught my eye because they claim you can now take your permit test online (any excuse to skip the DMV sounds good). Just wondering if that was indeed too good to be true.
transplanted txn
We used NDT and it went well. Be sure to print out EVERYTHING and take it all with you to DPS when you get both your permit and again when you schedule your Driver Test. Another hint - do your driver test at the Brenham office. You have to go in person to schedule the test (usually a week ahead), but the folks there are SUPER and it was a pleasant experience.
sjl96
AG
Thanks transplant - sounds good.
AggiePirate
AG
Not sure about the learn to drive from scratch version but I know I have had to take this guy a few times:

http://www.defensivedriving.com/texas/home/
don61
My daughter is 17. We did this when she was 15. At the time, she could drive with us, without a permit until the online course was completed. Once she completed the course, she had to take the exam at the DMV. At that time, she recieved her permit. And yes, it's true, bring all documented paper work. They will ask for it. Also, you will need something like a utility bill, mortgage bill, tax statement, something with your name on it. Well, the person who is teaching the course. TDL will not work to prove permanent address, if you can believe that one.
rom85
My younger brother is giving eye-teeth for getting driver`s license. Presently he is training online practice permit test by the link . It is elaborated specially for Texas and is free of charge.
AggiePirate
AG
Can't wait to have him on the road.
InMyOpinion
quote:
My younger brother is giving eye-teeth for getting driver`s license.

What??
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
quote:
My younger brother is giving eye-teeth for getting driver`s license.

What??
It means that he is giving up something very special. Like if he had two very precious apricots that were very special to him he would give his left apricot just for a chance to drive. Eye teeth are those over hangy teeth seen on things like dogs and saber tooth tigers. The extra long hang over tooth is called an eye tooth. So that was just a very 1888 way of saying that his little brother is willing to offer anything to be able to drive.

DisTex
AG
Daughter just started aceable drivers Ed mobile app. Only 75 dollars. And doesn't force you with a timer. Liking it better than idrivesafely my son used two years ago.
austinaggie2
I think it's interesting that the Texas A&M Transportation Institute just did a study on distracted driving with Aceable. They offer defensive driving, adult drivers education, and teen drivers education in Texas on all devices. They have an app too. I used them to dismiss my ticket I got up in Dallas going a little too fast where there's nothing around. Lesson learned. This thing is pretty nifty.

75 Percent of Teens Say Parents Drive Distracted
Aceable.com Texas Courses
DisTex
AG
aceable.com

Iphone app to take the lessons, and for parents to monitor.

You can work at your own pace. If you complete a lesson quickly you are not forced to wait before taking the next.

You can take the written driver part of the test online (less stressful for the student).

I was quite happy with aceable.

I think it I got it for around 75 dollars.

chigger
AG
Aceable
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.