Looking for a builder for a barn/barndominium near Bryan

13,558 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Yuccadoo
Ag97Yellow94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would appreciate recommendations. Steel building fine, but want "barn-like" asthetics.

WTM
Mike Bishop. Perfection Metal Works cannot be beat. 979-255-3876
Muzzleblast
Stay away from CM-Contracting, Norton Enterprises, or anything associated with Philip Norton.

When you are doing a project of this size, scope, and expense it is as important to know who to stay away from in the Bryan/College Station area.

Lots of people will take your money and not finish or do such shoddy work that you will be fixing it for years to come.

Good luck with your project.

Ag97Yellow94
Thx guys, the un-recommendations are perhaps even more valuable!
Ag97Yellow94
ttt, hoping to get a couple recommendations before I arrange some meetings. Thanks!
SARATOGA
Wayne Divin Metal Buildings built my shop they also do barndominiums.
rhoswen
AG
Craig Champion 979-229-4553
Yuccadoo
Welch Construction is doing my restoration; he has been doing project work for me for over 30 years, and did all of my stone landscape work at my house, so he can do many things, and is an expert at drainage issues:

Yuccadoo
Some of his stone work:

K2T2
Sorry, not a helpful reply to this post - I love that dry creek bed!! It rules!! Is it for drainage?
RGRAg1/75
AG
Call Lee McCabe, Blackhawk Custom Homes.

He just finished a barndo near my neighborhood, and built my home in south CS. Will shoot you straight and keep you on budget.

(979) 574-56o6
Yuccadoo
Yes, for drainage and as a visual element to set off the house. It feeds all the house and area runoff down to my pond, which has an irrigation submersible pump in it for our fields/animals.
Brewmaster
AG
Yuccadoo, I'm an LA (landscape arch) and that is better looking stone and dry creek work than I've seen any contractor do. The key is those flat boulders.

Nice plant selection too by the way!
Yuccadoo
Those pics barely scratch the surface. 2.2 million pounds of stone from Jarrell, TX. were used in total. 13 months to complete. And it all works. You should come by some time to see all of the cool ideas that were worked into the plans.
Ag97Yellow94
Thanks! Looks like I have some phone calls to make.
Brewmaster
AG
Shoot I'll take you up on that. I lurk the automotive board as well... I'll bring you a 4pack of Guiness.
shoot me an email
bret at bre-studio d0t com
Yuccadoo
quote:
Shoot I'll take you up on that. I lurk the automotive board as well... I'll bring you a 4pack of Guiness.
shoot me an email
bret at bre-studio d0t com
Sent you an email.
ksevern
AG
I used Willis Custom Homes to build my barndo. http://willishomestx.com and I am a very satisfied customer.

Regardless of who you choose, make sure you know exactly what you want! I paid a lot to have 15 foot wide, concrete, covered porches on three sides of the 40 x 80 building (house part inside is 40 x 30, two story) and I am thankful every day that I did that. Once they get started, it doesn't take very long at all! I am handy and am doing all of the inside building except plumbing that had to be done by a plumber (gas lines) and some of the electrical. If you plan to save money by doing some of the finishing yourself, be ready for it to take three times longer than you thought and be certain you are willing to do it!

Under the 'Our Work' is listed a brown and white barndo in Snook. That's mine!
Yuccadoo
Update on barn renovation. Poured slab with plumbing yesterday:

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.