My friend needs help getting a van for her son

8,553 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by happyinBCS
originaltexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Website is so slow, so let it run in the background as you do other work.

It times out or "page cannot be displayed"

Sure, a little inconvenience, but I would like to see Bodhi win.

It may take a few tries of voting.
eliza1558
AG
1499 this afternoon!
happyinBCS
1511, thank you all, 5 days to vote, GigEm
originaltexan
1551 as of 9:35 am 5/27/2015

I spot checked Brodhi's count against other people. It looks like she is winning.

Imagine a single mom being surprised if she wins. This vehicle will help her in years to come.
dubi
AG
Today's answer:

Side entry minivans are typically for people in wheelchairs who intend on being the primary driver.

http://www.mobilityawarenessmonth.com/entrant/bodhi-zigrang-deerpark-tx/
cagwell10
AG
OnlyANobody
Late casting my vote today, but got the double!
originaltexan
I think at 1617 now
dubi
AG
Question of the day:
For a person with a disability, what is the advantage of purchasing a full-size van vs. a minivan?

Answer:
both A and B
happyinBCS
1,680 vote count at 7 07 am answer to question is rear entry ramp.
originaltexan
1698 now

Remember, the site is super slow. Take a glance at Bodhi's score before you vote and AFTER you vote.

You should see an increase of 1 if you voted, and if you answered the trivia, you should see 1 more point.

This whole process will take you about 3 minutes, but imagine how she will feel when the phone rings to let her know she won. She will never know most of us, but she will know that people care.
happyinBCS
Just a thought, I know folks from KBTX hang out on this board . It would be wonderful if they could run Bodhi's story for the last 3 days of voting. Any ideas? Thanks
happyinBCS
I just want to say Thank you for the kindness, 2 days to go, when I started this thread there were about 700 votes for Bodhi , you guys know the total now,
happyinBCS
Just a thought, we need KBTX, the blind lady has received 4,300 hits in 3 days and ol Bodhi is almost at 2,000 for 11 days, It is amazing how the media can get the word out Thanks again to all. God bless
OnlyANobody
1805 votes this morning! The correct answer is: Search the internet for the cheapest option available.
originaltexan
1811 now, but couldnt get the question of the day to load
OnlyANobody
I'm looking at the numbers - Bodhi needs thousands of votes. I don't know how to get this shared more widely before tomorrow, but if you aren't sharing, please do!
happyinBCS
Thank you, please share, 1 more day to vote, we can do it, watch the video, please give a helping hand to Bodhi
happyinBCS
1853 votes, please help
Pro Sandy
AG
Bump

Today's answer is CDRS
happyinBCS
Last day we are at 1870 votes as of 7 45 am, let's do all we can Thank you
originaltexan
CDRS IS ANSWER AS SHOWN ABOVE...

During the evaluation with your CDRS, you will be tested on motor skills, strength, coordination, perception and cognitive skills. These assessments will help determine the equipment needs for your specific disability and you will be provided a written prescription. For more information, reference page 3 of NMEDA's Buyers Guide or contact your local NMEDA dealer.
OnlyANobody
happyinBCS
Just a thought, to get the most votes we can get on the last day, could someone post a link to this thread on some of the other boards, like the premium one, and Aggies only. Since my membership is free I can't post on those boards.
happyinBCS
1899 votes, can we hit 2000 by midnight , I sure hope so, Thanks again to everyone for voting
happyinBCS
I want to thank everyone that voted, it is my understanding in reading the rules that 4 vans will be given away. Any information I receive I will share, my only request is that Bodhi's van be MAROON.
originaltexan
I took a screen shot of the final results.

1919 votes.

I don't think you can easily find the other contestants to spot check scores. I spot checked about 15 people last week. Most of the people I saw had 20 or less votes.

If I were to take a bet, and I would bet on this, I think Bodhi won by a long shot.

And, I don't know anything, but I would guess that mybcs.com had alot to do with it. Maybe I am wrong on that, but thanks to the owner and staff for allowing us to keep bumping this thread to the top.
originaltexan
from NMEDA

The winners of the four wheelchair accessible vehicles will be announced on June 30, 2015 on this website, via social media and national TV.
happyinBCS
the semi-finalist list is out and Bodhi did not make it
happyinBCS
I appreciate all the votes for Bodhi The Good Lord is watching, all is good
happyinBCS
Sad for Bodhi
OnlyANobody
So sorry. Is there a gofundme page? Have they defined what it is they need in a vehicle?
UmustBKidding
Might make a pitch to chive charities
happyinBCS
Looking into a few possibilities Thank you all
happyinBCS
Still trying to figure out a way to get Bodhi a van. There is a dealership in Pasadena which is close to there house and I was browsing there website and they used ones starting around 18k the new ones are 40k. The website is http://www.adaptivedriving.com They even rent them At the least I wonder if we could start a gofundme account and get money so they could rent one and see what type would be best for them
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.