Buying a home in Aggieland

4,530 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TAG111
C-2ag99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Family of 5 making the move back "home"! Looking to buy a home in the next 2 months. Can anybody recommend a great realtor? I know it's a competitive market.
OTSmith
Dave Kissell BCR
He has helped me with three houses. Very down to earth. No pressure.
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
Brad & Tracy Corrier
BMo
Cindy Morris, Broker/Associate at Lone Star Realty. Look her up on Zillow and Angie's List.

Cindy on Zillow
C-2ag99
AG
Has anybody worked with T Murph, Farrah Spears, Grace Liu or Keith Roberts? Those are the names we've had recommended so far.
befitter
Debi Stoll at Keller Williams
BrazosWifi
Welcome back "home".

If you are considering moving to the "country", make sure you consider internet options when buying a house. I have had dozens of people call after realizing DSL and Cable aren't everywhere.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
jmazz
AG
+1 for Keith Roberts (my business partner). We actually have a buyer rep agent now who works with our buy clients. But Keith and I are still very involved.

www.12realty.com
justalocal
Grace was the realtor for the buyer of our home. All I can tell you is that she had everything in order and we had no issues with the sale.
originaltexan
Actually Jeff is the way to go at 12 Realty. He saved me about $9K on a deal, and he successfully closed a large real estate sale for me. My expectations were far exceeded.

http://www.twelverealty.com/meet-the-team/

If you want a real guy that wants you to be like me (a fan), call him.
Brewmaster
AG
Ryan Dykes '07
Ryandykes07 at gmail

He was our realtor and he also inspects houses on the side...knows construction well and is not at all pushy.

If you look at new construction I recommend Pitman. They built our house and came highly recommended on here, couldn't be happier!
313-7-12thMan
Look into new construction too. I know there are some builders with spec homes priced at or below what used homes are being listed for. Pittman and Blackstone would be my first calls.
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
Pittman and Blackstone would be my first calls.

+2 on Pitman...especially in this market. Everything is getting grabbed up fast and the rain is slowing builders down A LOT, but if there is any new construction at or near completion I'd definitely check it out.

http://www.pitmancustomhomes.com/

I think Pitman has 1 in Austin's Colony in Bryan, probably around 300k. See their facebook page. Plus our fire pit is on there
https://www.facebook.com/PitmanCustomHomes
Texas Ag Mom
I just sold my house in Aggieland last year & I used Madeline Stiles. She is very prompt, professional, & extremely knowledgeable about the area. My daughter was living in my house & MS was very considerate of that. I live in DFW so it was important to have someone that was very available. MS phoned, text, & emailed & was extremely easy to reach & unbelievably prompt. She is by far the best realtor I have ever used. I did not know MS previously. I was referred to her by someone on the DFW board. She is an Aggie & has lived in the area for many years.

On the flip side my daughter used an agent to find a rental & the woman was a nut case.
rw1987
AG
Johnna Ewers Remax
curry97
AG
Travis Lyon or Farrah Spears
Gigemaggies123
plus 1 for Brad

he helped me buy my house in july of 2013, bumped into him about a month ago at HEB and remembered my house and price down to the dollar. Better than I remembered lol

very knowledgeable and friendly. extremely... "seasoned" i guess would be the best word lol
selk
AG
I would definitely reach out to Ryan Derkowski. Derk is born and raised here in Aggieland and his family has been involved in real estate locally for a long time!

He just helped my business partner purchase his first home

(979) 268-3522
ashleyschaeffer
We may be putting up our 5/3 (2400 sqf) in the next couple of weeks if you're interested.
backinbcs
John M. Hawkinson - Re/Max Select
http://www.jhawkinson.remaxtexas.com/Default.aspx
C-2ag99
AG
Thanks, Ashley! I'd love some more details on your house. Can you pls email me at brianeasley99 at gmail dot com
Pyewacket
AG
Avoid Zweiacker and ASSoc. Buying or selling. They were a real pain to deal with.

Edit for spelling
TAG111
We've used and recommended Allen Assarian with RE/MAX Select on several occasions. He is a true professional and a full service real estate agent!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.