Real Estate Market is on Fire

5,392 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by The Anchor
montegobay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We have several friends who are looking to buy in the 1500-1800 sq foot range and pay 160,000 to 190,000 in the south College Station area. Houses of this size and for this price point are selling like mad! Apparently these houses are selling in one day with multiple, above-asking price offers. What's fueling this?

My thought is that local builders are building a glut of larger homes and many, many people don't want to pay +200,000 for a huge house they don't need, which leaves these buyers with limited options. Heck, we weren't even looking to sell, but we may have to consider it if we can get so much more than we could a couple of years ago.

The house across the street sold a couple of months ago for almost 190,000, and it's barely 1600 sq. feet and very plain. It's had renters living in it almost exclusively for five years. I've never seen the market take off like this.
armymom
Before you sell be sure to have one to buy or you will be living in an RV until you can find one!
montegobay
Ha. Thanks ArmyMom. I doubt we are really selling, but one couple who are friends of ours, have to move out of their house on May 29th and they have NOTHING to buy.
oldag76
AG
I will have a 4 bedroom corner lot, nice home ready to sell on July 1st. It is in Dove Landing. Young couple moving to Dallas, planning to get it painted inside as needed, replace carpet and clean up Landscaping. Was going to offer it at $220 or consider a longer term lease. PM if interested!

It is a 4-3 1968 sq ft per tax office. Corner lot.walk 2 blocks to 8 grades, near CSHS. Built in 2007
originaltexan
A seller's market for sure.
carpe vinum
AG
Houses like you describe will have a contract on them in 48 hours.
Rexter
Oldag, what's your email?
LGAggie
AG
Olag, email me please.

Jlehmann07 at gmail dawt com
Brewmaster
AG
New construction above 200k is selling like crazy too. Above 300k is where it is slower. We signed a contract on a Pitman house in January when it was being framed, before we closed in early April, every house and lot on this street sold w maybe the exception of 2. We're talking like a dozen or more out of maybe 15...and they're all high 200's.

Furthermore I think we have built in equity as the prices have already seemed to have gone up some!
TAMU1990
AG
That price point is perfect for rental properties.
Agmechanic
AG
We moved in January. Sold our 4/2.5 2500sf home in Bryan (memorial forest) in two days for full asking price. And I paid no closing costs to the buyer.
meteorag06
AG
i got a 4/3 1435sqft in Shenandoah. Listed at $165. Or rent at $1550/month. Both are negotiable. Available June 1st.
barbwire
Any idea the going rate per square foot? We'll be selling our home in Wheeler Ridge this summer, probably on our own. It's assessed at about $124K on the tax rolls, which is around $93/sf.
smilin bob
Our home in The Oaks is for sale. It is 2712 square feet, 3 bedroom 2 bath with a mother in law apartment. We are asking $199,900.
My email address is rms3@suddenlink.net

justalocal
quote:
Any idea the going rate per square foot? We'll be selling our home in Wheeler Ridge this summer, probably on our own. It's assessed at about $124K on the tax rolls, which is around $93/sf.
Ours was listed at $114 per sq ft. Up for sale in March, 2 offers on first day of listing, received over asking price.

To add, it was built in 2008, s college station, immaculate condition.
oldag76
AG
Rexter- Call me at 503 830....7381
Sticks&Stones
AG
Cost per square foot is a ridiculous measuring stick.
philothea
I have a 1847 sq ft house in the Oaks for sale 4 bed/2 bath for $169k. Was built originally as a custom home so a lot of attention to detail. 1/3 acre lot and no neighbors behind you either.
Just went on the market.
The Fife
Over here 1500 Sq ft is pushing up to a 1/2 million in town. It feels a lot like 2006 all over again but with lower interest rates.
iisanaggie
AG
Philothea...what street? Is it updated? My parents are looking to move up here.
SueAggie93
AG
Barbwire - Looking for a house for my Mom, since Dad died! In the Wheeler Ridge/Copperfield area - For the past year! Love to see your home! 979-220-7101 or Sueaggie93@hotmail.com.
maverick04
AG
There's a few for sale signs in the steeplechase neighborhood between Wellborn Rd and Welsh Ave. Looked at one just the other day. Great for small families or rental properties.
Fletch_F_Fletch
AG
3/2 in Steeplechase HOA. Currently renter occupied with lease through July 2016. Complete HVAC replacement and upgrade in January 2013. Solar screens, new French doors (egress to back yard) installed in 2013 also. Front/back yard professionally maintained throughout rental term.

1,362 sq. ft., two car garage, corner lot. Putting it on the market this week.
The Anchor
AG
This thread turn into the classifieds?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.