No thread about last night's murder?

5,001 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by aggiegal99
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/One-Killed-in-Shooting-at-AM-Graduation-Party-302347541.html
Waltonloads08
AG
what is going on in CS?
CS78
Sad to see what has become of Southwood Valley.
Oogway
Very sad to read about this.

Southwood Valley is pretty large, so I am not likely to paint it with too broad a brush. We have friends that live near this street & the difficulty seems to be the particular neighborhood is in transition. There are a number of international student families who have moved there after the student housing on campus declined and due to the bus line, proximity to schools and the library, this neighborhood works well. Some of the landlords/management companies have responded and are sprucing up their properties to attract longer term tenants while others are not. Adding to the mix are traditional students and other residents. It is a vibrant neighborhood and they are happy enough to live there, but I am sure with a high number of rentals, it is hard to get to know your neighbors unless they keep similar hours.

Edit to add: With my choice of wording, I am not implying that the international students are causing problems, quite the contrary actually, as they are often longer term tenants than four year students.
Carnwellag2
Problem is the tamu bus stops throughout traditional non student residential areas.
redd38
AG
The suspect is 39, so I'm guessing not a student.
texasaggie2015
AG
Nobody knows if there was alcohol involved in that accident or not. Let's not make assumptions.
Cancelled
AG
Gee..I've been in the SWPW Kroger. It seems like such a nice area.
TLIAC
AG
quote:
Gee..I've been in the SWPW Kroger. It seems like such a nice area.

Others may disagree but I would not consider Southwood Valley to be in the same neighborhood as the SWPW Kroger. Southwood Valley is an odd mix of nice homes to very nice homes to HUD fourplex rentals and then decent rental houses. With that comes an unique blend of residents. This could have happened in any neighborhood.
Sprite09
AG
My family lived on San Saba not to long ago. The area is not bad to live in, and we had nice neighbors. All small families or elderly. There was one neighbor who lived across from us though with enough drama to keep the street entertained. The cops frequented her place, it only takes one neighbor to bring the neighborhood down. No doubt the neighborhood has gone down hill, but I can vouch that there are still some good honest people in the area.
ro828
There isn't much to say, really. One person is dead, two were injured, the suspect is in jail and it looks like his friend is turning State's evidence and giving him up like a bad habit. Here's a news flash: before we start on the "What's happening to this neighborhood?" routine, consider that crime can happen anywhere. No place is absolutely safe (except, obviously, Heaven). Here are the crime stats for Beverly Hills, probably the richest neighborhood in America. Stuff happens there, too. http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Beverly-Hills-California.html
dachsie
Latest on KBTX is that the guy says the gun accidentally went off.
redd38
AG
I guess he accidentally brought the gun to the party and accidentally pointed it at people too.
Inca
AG
quote:
Latest on KBTX is that the guy says the gun accidentally went off.

Not very believable that it "accidentally" went off and shot 3 people! Wonder if his attorney approved that ridiculous statement. Hope the guy gets convicted and serves the maximum sentence.
Tim Weaver
I live in SWV and still feel safe.

Let's not forget the wanna-be serial killer that struck here a while back. He wasn't from this neighborhood, but knew the victims...

http://wtaw.com/2011/10/22/confession-in-cs-deacon-drive-murder/

This kid had a list of names of people he wanted to kill with the weapon he wanted to use on each. He needs help.

My son was at SWV Elementary when this happened, He and the other kids heard the screaming. Of course being kids they didn't connect it to anything. Just more screaming on a playground. None of the kids saw anything thank goodness....
rsa
AG
I have a Glock 40S&W. Glocks do not go off by accident. Ever.
tamufan
Depends on what you mean by "accidentally." According to KBTX the suspect is claiming he pulled the trigger, accidentally, four times. (I bet even your Glock will fire if you pull the trigger accidentally! Well, if a round is chambered.)

KBTX also indicated the suspect is a convicted felon. It is illegal for a convicted felon to possess a firearm, but he had one anyway.
O.G.
quote:
I have a Glock 40S&W. Glocks do not go off by accident. Ever.
This.
SECAg13
AG
Very sad, that girl seemed to have a bright future. I lived in that neighborhood in 2012-2013 just a few blocks away. Crazy to think that could have been one of our parties. You don't "accidentally" fire 15 shots. That guy deserves to fry.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
I live in SWV and still feel safe.

Let's not forget the wanna-be serial killer that struck here a while back. He wasn't from this neighborhood, but knew the victims...

http://wtaw.com/2011/10/22/confession-in-cs-deacon-drive-murder/

This kid had a list of names of people he wanted to kill with the weapon he wanted to use on each. He needs help.

My son was at SWV Elementary when this happened, He and the other kids heard the screaming. Of course being kids they didn't connect it to anything. Just more screaming on a playground. None of the kids saw anything thank goodness....

this trial is still ongoing? i just remembered the case and wanted to see what final judgement was , and maybe i'm not reading the justice site right but it seems like its still an ongoing thing.
aggiegal99
The trial hasn't even started!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.