Arborist?

5,112 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by tbone94
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for an arborist to come look at a few trees. Recomendations appreciated.
uncover&humpit
AG
I'd love to help. I live in Hempstead, so It's a short 45 minute trip to Aggieland for me.
Mark [at] thehoustonarborist dot com
waltonloads11
AG
http://advancedtreecare.biz
momlaw
AG
Jeff Lehde, Plant People, is a master arborist.

He saved many of our native trees and yaupons with initial intervention. We are using him for ongoing maintenance. Volunteer oaks are now weeds in our yard. Cannot say enough positive about him and his professional staff.

Jeff's website
summergal
Todd Watson! Hands down the best Arborist know to mankind.

https://dof.tamu.edu/node/583
Stucco
+1 Jeff
95_Aggie
AG
+2 Jeff
Tailgate88
AG
Thanks for the suggestions!
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
Todd Watson! Hands down the best Arborist known to mankind.

https://dof.tamu.edu/node/583
+2 for Dr. Watson. He's also a professor at A&M and you won't find a more knowledgeable arborist in the area.
oldag76
AG
+1000 for Jeff Lehde
rstjr04
AG
I will give another vote for Dr. Watson. One of the best professors I ever had and extremely knowledgeable. Also a super nice guy.
keo1
AG
I would give a + to Watson and Lehde..... Watson will probably refer you to Lehde because he is busy doing a lot of work as an expert tree witness.
momlaw
AG
Keo, Dr. Watson is how I found Jeff about 8 years ago.
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
I would give a + to Watson and Lehde..... Watson will probably refer you to Lehde because he is busy doing a lot of work as an expert tree witness.
That's exactly what happened. I emailed Watson and he told me he was really busy and recommended Lehde. They are coming out in two weeks. FWIW, it's $180/hr with a 1/2 hr minimum. Hopefully I can talk fast. :-)
Stucco
He is worth every penny.
liljack
Also suggest Plant People...very reasonable fees and saved our trees, which would have been pricey to replace.
RV Ag
Jeff Lehde saved our giant post oak. For that we will always be grateful.
uncover&humpit
AG
2 weeks? If you need someone sooner feel free to email me. I can come out this week and I don't charge $180 per hour. Mark (at) thehoustonarborist dot com
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
Jeff Lehde saved our giant post oak. For that we will always be grateful.

That is the #1 tree in our area that typically need saving. They're very sensitive to construction. and say no to sod, mulch under them!
RumRunner
Dr. Todd is the best. That is all.
Tailgate88
AG
Jeff just left and my opinion is in line with what others have said on here. He is extremely knowledgeable and in 30 minutes was able to put my mind at ease on several trees and give me some good suggestions on some new ones. He is sending a proposal on adding some cables to a couple of my double-trunked trees (I am sure that is NOT the correct scientific name) to keep them stable during high winds. I definitely can recommend him to anyone needing an arborist!

(Uncover&Humpit, no offense and nothing personal, I just prefer to support local businesses whenever possible.)
3rdgenAg2010
Bumping an old thread. Does anyone know if Dr Watson is still taking on client?. I'm looking for an arborist that can do a tree appraisal for a piece of property were a salt water spill killed 231 trees in Montgomery.
tbone94
AG
he is
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.