Where is a good place to watch the Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight?

2,672 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Orlando Ayala Cant Read
JamaicasGotMangos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do you all have any suggestions on which places to watch the fight at? I know Buffalo Wild Wings is showing it with a $25 cover, but would like to hear recommendations. Thanks!
gumby579
AG
Fox and Hound will be showing it but not sure about cover. It's where I go sometimes to watch the big events.
O.G.
In for this too. I'm told some places in Houston are charging $25.00 cover charges to watch it.
nickstro66
AG
How early do you think a person should arrive if they want to watch it at a restaurant or bar?
jimmyb
Just called F&N. They said the cover is 25$ at 6 p.m. and will 'go up as the night gets busier'

Aggieco17
AG
Any other places in College Station?
redd38
AG
I would image everywhere will have the $25 cover... probably costs bars quite a bit to show this fight
Kashchei
AG
Are $25 covers for big events common? That just seems really high to me. How much does a bar have to pay for the fight? For $25 I'll buy a case and sit at home and wait for the highlights on ESPN...
welborn
Doubt it costs a bar anymore than the same $100 it would cost me if I ordered from my house.

They're charging a cover because they can frankly.

Also, I heard Izzy's Bar is only charging $10.

jja79
AG
I heard from a bar owner they pay around $5K for it.
welborn
You gotta be kidding me.
AgFan1999
AG
the cost per bar is up there.
barefoot
the way I understand it from my once-upon-a-time UFC viewings at local bars is that they have to pay a certain cost per estimated # of attendees, or a minimum fee. obviously the PPV fight night costs have gone up since then.
Costa and Andreas
Yes the commercial cost is based upon occupancy. The cost for this fight is exorbitant. For occupancies of over 200 I'm hearing $5,000 to $15,000.

If a commercial venue attempts to pay the residential cost, they can be fined up to $150,000, by federal statute.

Not worth the fee in this market in my view.
OlBoss
AG
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/buffalo-wild-wings-balks-lofty-144906675.html
redd38
AG
quote:
You gotta be kidding me.
Yeah, it's waaaay more than the $100 it costs residential customers
Bunk Moreland
all based off capacity if you're a restaurant or bar. It's ridiculously expensive for this fight.
BusAg
AG
Any other options besides fox? BW3 sold out
ncttc
Izzy's is showing the fight..$10 cover, but it is going to be standing room only. All tables are already reserved.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
BW3s occupancy is a good size. Based on sliding scale of how much they probably paid they may not have made any money on the cover. Probably did well in sales tho.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.