Cardboard Recycling

1,290 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TKMorris
meezermom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a massive box full of cardboard (various types) that I would like to recycle. I usually take it to the Bryan Wal-Mart but they won't be open this weekend when I have a chance to take all of it. I remember someone mentioning some place over off Agronomy Road where I could leave it. Can someone give me more information (what types of cardboard -- cereal boxes, Amazon boxes, etc.) and where it is? TIA!
musicforall
Bryan Walmart recycling center only takes corrugated cardboard like Amazon boxes, not the paper kind like cereal boxes and shoe boxes. But they should be able to take the corrugated stuff this weekend - they are generally open on Saturday and Sunday.
Kidwrangler
Scroll down the page to see a map of where the recycling bins are on TAMU campus (Adriance Lab Rd., just across from the vet research building, many large bins in a row right after you turn onto that road.)

http://www.brazosvalleyrecycling.com/we-recycle/

I recycle all forms of cardboard: paper towel rolls, waxed frozen entree boxes, egg cartons, all cardboard packaging. The large boxes should be flattened because you'll slide them into a slot on the bin. I don't think it's required, but we bag the smaller pieces, since they are placed into another bin with a sliding door. We have carried over so much recycling since that drop-off area has opened.
meezermom
I've always taken every kind of cardboard imaginable to Wal-Mart and they've never send any home with me. Cereal boxes, cardboard egg cartons, Lean Cuisine boxes, toilet paper rolls - they've always taken every type, not just corrugated. But I thought they were only open on Saturday from 8-12, which isn't doable for me.

Thank you for the info and location of the one near the Vet School - I may start using that one when I'm on that side of campus!
originaltexan
I need bubble wrap all the time.

Needs to be a business that has it all the time throughout the year(no individuals).

Needs to have been used just once.

I usually surprise folks throughout the year with a small gift card for their efforts.

UmustBKidding
OT You have gotten some from me before for your sea shell shipment. Have emailed several times probably have 3-4 55gal bags of bubble wrap and air cells. Am out of town personally until next week but email username at c o nsp Irac y d0t neT I can arrange to get it put out or will can do when I get back.
starbuck128
AG
The Bryan recycling center does not accept paperboard like cereal boxes.

http://www.bryantx.gov/environmental-services/recycling-programs/
TKMorris
quote:
I've always taken every kind of cardboard imaginable to Wal-Mart and they've never send any home with me. Cereal boxes, cardboard egg cartons, Lean Cuisine boxes, toilet paper rolls - they've always taken every type, not just corrugated. But I thought they were only open on Saturday from 8-12, which isn't doable for me.

Thank you for the info and location of the one near the Vet School - I may start using that one when I'm on that side of campus!
A great thing about that location is they also accept all numbers of plastic, not just the 1 & 2 that CoCS recycles. We take all the yogurt/butter tubs, pill bottles, take-out containers/cups, etc. that are labeled 5, 7, and so on. They also accept all colors of glass, unlike CoCS.

One can put old books into the paper bins as well. Occasionally, we come across a phone book, manual, or textbook that has no value as a donation to a library sale and in it goes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.