Food truck court in BCS?

5,131 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Jinx
Goose83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I think the food truck craze peaked back around 2012. I was all about it till Madden's sold their truck. Been downhill since.

That, along with Chef Tai signing an exclusivity agreement with A&M, in the process giving the shaft to all those non-A&M customers around town who had supported his truck for all those years (so much for loyalty).
Tailgate88
AG
So how is that deal structured exactly?
FlyRod
quote:
That, along with Chef Tai signing an exclusivity agreement with A&M, in the process giving the shaft to all those non-A&M customers around town who had supported his truck for all those years (so much for loyalty).

Their FB page says they were just at the Wellborn Community Center & Grounds, so it seems they do make it off A&M campus from time to time.
jja79
AG
Why would the city need to provide space and amenities for private businesses?
Kbeauty63
AG
"Their FB page says they were just at the Wellborn Community Center & Grounds, so it seems they do make it off A&M campus from time to time."

that was on the weekend - not interfering with the weekday TAMU Schedule. I miss the shrimp tacos
aggiepm
AG
Because that is how it works sometimes...
Some recent examples of public-private ventures in BCS:
Atlas - http://www.atlastx.com/
Century Square - http://midwaycompanies.com/projects/detail/century-square

jja79
AG
I'm not sure those are good comparisons.

I wonder how people who have bricks and mortar restaurants feel about it.
aggiepm
AG
What is the issue that you are bringing up about the city partnering with these private businesses?

As for the restaurants, there is supposed to be a 100ft buffer between the truck and the restaurants, unless the restaurants gives written consent to be within the 100ft.

Here the slideshow that was presented to City Council:
http://www.slideshare.net/ColinKillian/mobile-food-vending-parks
Tailgate88
AG

nm, you fixed it.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Why would the city need to provide space and amenities for private businesses?
Sticking all the food trucks in one parking lot would help with pedestrian and vehicle management. So that helps the city. Everybody would know where the food trucks are, so that helps customers find their favorite taco truck. And it doesn't look like the city is doing much, just coordinating things.
jja79
AG
It was just a question man.
Jinx
Simple. Wolf Pen Creek Festival Grounds on the west side of the amphitheater along Dartmouth. There are already outlets and stuff every 25-50 yards. Also the Arts Center which basically shares the same parking lot.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.