Live Country Music Venue???

3,341 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by dfphotos
Midtown SAHD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My Grandmother-in-law is coming for a visit soon and requested to see some country music act in town, so is there some place that has live music but isn't geared toward the college kids? She is from California and I don't really know what her idea of country music is, i.e. REK vs George (my country) vs Merle vs Hank, so any place will do.
Jana-Ag
AG
Try the Icehouse at Lake Bryan. They have live music on the weekends and their acts are typically country or classic rock. I think their schedule is posted on their Facebook page. It is an older crowd. Very few college students venture out there. It is usually a nice mix of professionals and rednecks.
Jet Blue
AG
Western Club, Navasota, TX,
raider2004
AG
I don't know when your family will be in town, but Sundance Head is playing at the Grand Stafford Theater in Downtown Bryan on Tuesday, June 2. He is a tremendous singer, and I would describe his style as soul country. The event is free to attend, open to the public, and the crowd is from young professionals and up. Check out this video of him singing live:
techno-ag
AG
Rockin B Steakhouse has live music on Saturdays. Sometimes it's country.
http://www.rockinbsteakhouse.com/patio-b.html

You might also consider driving out to Edge General Store. Here's their calendar of events:
http://www.edgegeneralstore.com/events.html

Don't forget Round Top. Some neat live music makes it way out to that area sometimes. Here's the Event Calendar:
http://www.roundtop.org/event_calendar.php
redd38
AG
Prospectors has live music and an older crowd
SW AG80
AG
Where is the Edge General Store? Where the heck is Edge? Dennis Ivey plays there! Haven't heard Dennis Ivey and the Waymen since the 1970s at The Lakeview Club.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Where is the Edge General Store? Where the heck is Edge? Dennis Ivey plays there! Haven't heard Dennis Ivey and the Waymen since the 1970s at The Lakeview Club.
Take 21 toward Madisonville. Before the Navasota River, turn left on FM 974. Go about 6 miles on 974 to the stop sign. Turn left. Edge and the General Store are about a mile down the road.
Max06
AG
Smitty K's has live music every Friday & Saturday.

And +1 on Lake Bryan Icehouse.
GSS
Western Club in Navasota pretty much has the only traditional country music bands, typically on Saturday nights. Also "smoke-free" on Saturdays and special events.
Their Friday night bands trend towards the "Texas/red dirt/college" country sound.

Johnny Bush is at the WC this Sat...can ya get more real/traditional than that?

In May the WC has a two-day "Shufflefest".....hours and hours of two-stepping, Western Swing, and waltzes. Steel guitars and fiddles everywhere!

Added: plus we enjoy the food served at the WC. Beer, burger, traditional country...trifecta.
Tim Weaver
Kyle Park is playing tonight at Harry's. Yes it's a college crowd, but there are some "adults" there as well. If she is a real music fan, you could tell her that KP pretty much has the best band and arrangements on the TX Country scene. It's not 3 chord country at all. And there will be good dance tunes...
jja79
AG
Is Smitty K's kid friendly? Middle schooler?
Max06
AG
quote:
Is Smitty K's kid friendly? Middle schooler?

Yes! They have a fenced play area as well.
Chazz03
AG
If you're going to suggest fighting the college crowd might as well take her to Kevin Fowler to get the "real" Texas Country feel
Bunk Moreland
if by any chance she's already here, Hal Ketchum tonight at Lake Bryan Icehouse would be perfect.

I'm a bit upset that I'm going to miss it.
GSS
Lakeside Icehouse has really been challenged this spring with rain/storms....great place when the weather cooperates.
dfphotos
Are there age restrictions on concerts at Lake Bryan?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.