Cafe right before you get into Hempstead when heading South

2,633 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AggieBB
ksp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Found it, AJ's!
FightingAggie
phatpat21
Is that place good? I've always thought about going down there
bryanhome
Great food and people. Sometimes not the fastest service but worth the wait.
phatpat21
I'll take the family down there sometime
Thanks!
Swarely
Not the place Yall are talking about, but Hempstead Seafood and Steak is pretty darn good. Located just around the curve on 290. Over by the sonic.
ksp
Was trying to find for a friend, was looking for a place halfway to meet his father for dinner.

He said it was V. good and worth the 35 min drive.

Will be stopping by there soon myself.
PS3D
I've seen the restaurant multiple times but I never notice it if I'm driving.
ksp
Last few times I have driven by it, it has been PACKED!
The Original AG 76
AG
Does anyone else remember the great steakhouse in downtown Hempstead before the bypass was built. It was right at the dogleg in the middle of town.
I think it was George Kelley's Stewkhouse. Dear God the old drive from Houston to CS was a nightmare back then ...
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Does anyone else remember the great steakhouse in downtown Hempstead before the bypass was built. It was right at the dogleg in the middle of town.
I think it was George Kelley's Stewkhouse. Dear God the old drive from Houston to CS was a nightmare back then ...
Yeh so many lights. Many times we'd cut over through Brookshire and drive in on Westheimer. Anybody remember that old restaurant, the Cotton Gin?
litig8r187
AG
AJ's. Good food. Hand cut steaks, crawfish, great deserts. We eat down there a couple of times a month. Try it.
crbongos
AG
I remember Cotton Gin in Brookshire. A bunch of my friends went with my wife and I 33 years ago and my wife's water broke while there--we had our daughter 5 hours later. Luckily made it back to Bryan in time. One time on the road between Brookshire and Hempstead I saw a 4' alligator crossing the road.
techno-ag
AggieBB
AG
quote:
I remember Cotton Gin in Brookshire. A bunch of my friends went with my wife and I 33 years ago and my wife's water broke while there--we had our daughter 5 hours later. Luckily made it back to Bryan in time. One time on the road between Brookshire and Hempstead I saw a 4' alligator crossing the road.
Does your wife know you call her an alligator?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.