Suddenlink Internet

2,504 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by rcannaday
basketaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy everyone! I posted in the past about my issues with Suddenlink in Castlegate. I ended up buying my own router and modem over a year ago and things have been working excellent. I've very rarely had it drop (it used to drop daily, and wouldn't maintain speeds). We pay for the 100mbps and it almost always consistently carries that. That said, today sucks. I was wondering if other people were having issues? I'm getting speeds of 12. Sometimes 35. But it also reminded me that the new service they announced last fall should be rolling out soon, the "hyper speed". They had mentioned the 500 being available in the spring, and the big one being available this summer, but I haven't seen or heard anything. Anyone else? TIA!

justalocal
In creek meadows, no issues.
AggiePirate
AG
There will be gigabit speed rolling out in the near future as you mention but if you are not even getting half of what you are paying for you need to call and have them come out. Good luck to you. Although if it is just happening today maybe there is a regional issue or you just need to turn your equipment off and back on again. If you have already done that def give them a call.
shotcaller1
AG
Suddenlink blows here in campus village
basketaggie
AG
I had forgotten that we'd had a power issue the day before. I had restarted my modem and router several times, but that didn't work. Suddenlink blamed the router & the router compnay said they wouldn't help me without me paying. My husband reminded me about the power issue, so I knew it had to be related. I had forgotten about the direct tv internet device they had installed when we got dish a few months back. Unplugged it and everything else, and restarted everything individually with direct tv last and worked great. Haven't drop a beat since. Buying the equipment was worth it for sure, and like I said, we've maintained 100+ for months on end. Obviously this was my fault and not Suddenlinks. So the other thing. They had no idea when the new service would roll out. They said the highest in the area is 150 and I could upgrade to that for an additional $100 a month. I declined on that one.

AggiePirate
AG
Not at all surprising that their support had no idea when gigabit is rolling out. My folks were sent some mail advert that Suddenlink will be rolling it out this summer (June). We shall see...
montegobay
On a related note:

We were using Sling on a pretty new laptop with Windows 8. Suddenlink told us to get a new modem(docsis 3.0) to get the faster internet speeds they were offering. We got the new modem, but as soon as we installed it, Sling won't work. When it opens, it's a black screen. We called Sling and they were not helpful. Any ideas?
Eliminatus
AG
It might be your router. Check it against their page of "approved" models they support. I was paying for their mid tier interwebs (100 mb)for two months when I finally checked it. Was only getting minimum 50. Called and after getting a runaround for a bit they pinpointed the problem to my router. It was not an approved and supported model even though it is DOCSIS 3 so only min. Speed could be used. immediately dropped down to paying for low tier interwebs. Wasn't gonna ditch my $100+ router just because they didn't like it.

Edit: nvm. I didn't read your post properly. I see that you were getting your advertised speed at one point. I never did.
AggieJason
AG
quote:
Obviously this was my fault and not Suddenlinks.

Read it here, folks! Someone takes responsibility for their setup first before blaming Suddenlink!
shotcaller1
AG
I wonder if suddenlink is aware of the fact that everyone hates them
wareagle044
My wifi only works on my tv right now. No time to meet for appointment, probably canceling this week
Sea Pony 07
AG
I'm about ready to throw my modem through the window, video quality is crap tonight and keeps stalling.

I am getting better service and speed on my time warner acct in corpus that is 35 mb slower than my suddenlink one in Bryan.
rcannaday
AG
I have been in one spot in Bryan and gotten pretty close to the new Gig .. now in an a different neighborhood and am at 500 mbs. My guess is one infrastructure thats in your neighborhood, and also how many are on the same line?

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.