Total Shoulder Replacement

1,160 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
txrazorback
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking for any comments on total shoulder replacement...who did your surgery? recovery/back to work time?, rehab time and effort?, recommendations on surgeons? Thanks for any comments.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
wow that sounds brutal.
BlevCat
AG
I can't really comment on a total shoulder surgery, but I recently tore my labrum and had it replaced by Dr. Bramhall at Central Texas Sports Medicine. I'd be surprised if you find anyone in town better, as I believe he does the shoulder surgeries for the A&M athletic department.

http://www.centexsportsmedicine.com/Physicians/JPBramhallMD.aspx
michellecan
I would start with Dr. Iero. Great surgeon!
minpin04
My shoulder replacement was done by Dr. Bramhall. I highly recommend him! Make sure you get the optional nerve block when going into surgery. Recovery was brutal but I could not take the hydrocodone either so it was probably worse for me. Physical therapy was tough but Michael was great! Make sure you get some pull on pants. Just go through your daily routine with only one arm/hand for a day and it will give you an idea of what you will need/want for the recovery. I was out of the office for 2 weeks and think I had to wear the sling for 6-8 weeks.
SW AG80
AG
I had mine done in San Antonio. He does just about nothing but shoulders. Did Stephen McGee's and does lots of sports people. Does the work for the Spurs, too. Really good, down to earth guy. Rehab is damn hard and extremely important. I hurt mine in an accident and first ortho I saw said I would never be able to lift my arm past straight out. With this Dr I still play golf, snow ski and am able to "saw varsity's horns off."

In my book, he's the best. PM me if interested.
aggie59
AG
Sounds like Dr.Curtis,did both of mine.
SW AG80
AG
Yep. Bud Curtis is tops in my book.
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.