Potato salad

5,788 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by PBR
PBR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Which local bbq joint has the best mustard based potato salad in your opinion...
BlueMiles
AG
I haven't tried them all. Most I'e tried taste like they come from Sam's or Sysco. I like the "house potatoes" at Martin's.
Max06
AG
I'm partial to J.Cody's.
AggieWife2008
S
J. Cody's all the way!
Tanya 93
The problem is you think that mustard potato salad is good.
FlyRod
Was waiting for someone to point that out!
BCStalk
quote:
The problem is you think that mustard potato salad is good.

This. To sour for my taste.
Oogway
I make Italian Potato Salad at home. It's probably not healthy, but we really enjoy it.
BCStalk
quote:
I make Italian Potato Salad at home. It's probably not healthy, but we really enjoy it.

Care to elaborate? I only ask because the one we make is healthy and gross. Might help to be a little more unhealthy.
Oogway
It's a basic potato salad recipe with potatoes, onion, celery and hard cooked eggs plus the usual mayo, Italian dressing (for the cooked potatoes) salt and pepper but it also has a jar of green olives, Parmesan and oregano. No mustard. Quite a few folks seem to like what my mom calls Golden Potato Salad ( the bright yellow kind) but I was never all that wild about it so this is what we eat.
Sorry for the thread hijack.
BCStalk
Thank you, we will try it. Same here on the hijack
Tanya 93
quote:
quote:

Care to elaborate? I only ask because the one we make is healthy and gross. Might help to be a little more unhealthy.
This is one is good

SUMMER POTATO SALAD

2 lbs red or golden new potatoes cut in 1 inch chunks
3 tbsp olive oil
coarse salt
2 yellow or red bell peppers cut in chunks
2 cups green beans (stringed and broken in 1-inch lengths)
1-2 ears sweet corn on cob

Toss potatoes with salt and oil and spread on baking sheet. Roast in 450 oven until tender (20-30 minutes). Place ears of corn, lightly oiled, with the potatoes. Add peppers and green beans to roast
for last 10 minutes. When done, loosen the vegetables with a spatula,
cut corn kernels off cob, and combine in a large, shallow bowl.

2 cups tomatoes cut in wedges
cup fresh basil
cup olive oil whipped together with 1 tbsp balsamic or other mellow vinegar
Toss tomatoes, basil and dressing with roasted vegetables, salt to taste.
eloc62
Rudy's has my favorite potato salad. i cook my own BBQ, but always go by Rudy's to pick up the 'tater salad. good blend of mayo and mustard,
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:
J. Cody's all the way!
The last few times I tried J. Cody's, it tasted like they put cinnamon in it. Disgusting.
Brewmaster
AG
Doesn't Fargo's usually sell out of Potato Salad quickly? I'm not sure if it's mustard based, never actually seen it, LOL. I need to try it.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I used to not know anything other than mustard potato salad. Its all my family ever made, and it's all I ever saw in BBQ joints usually. I ate it but never really enjoyed it.

Then I discovered non mustard potato salad and my world changed! Imo it's much better. Ours is very simple:

Mayo
Sour Cream
Chives
Cilantro
Salt
Pepper
Hint of lemon juice
Potatoes

Maybe I've turned into a snob but I cannot even eat mustard potato salad anymore.
4Runnergurl
i like the kind that's more mashed and not very creamy. but it's got to be yellow. dickey's bbq is pretty yummy.
TXCityGirl
Rudy's is good, and it doesn't have a strong mustard flavor.
TLIAC
AG
My favorite potato salad is from Salt Lick BBQ - here is a link to the recipe.

Salt Lick BBQ Potato Salad Recipe

Note that in the recipe it calls for BBQ sauce. I think it's a must that you use the original Salt Lick BBQ sauce - you can get that at HEB.
RPJ83
Call me crazy, but I think HEB has the best mustard potato salad in town.
Oogway
Nother thread hijack here-I've got the potato salad that the family likes, but the recipe I struggle with is coleslaw. I either get the onions too strong, or the recipe too sweet, I can't quite get it right. If anyone has a family fave I'd love to have it.
ShawnTxAg
AG
I Just got back from Austin this past weekend and we tried Stile Switch BBQ and was not disappointed. I consider myself a sausage and potato salad connoisseur and must say I've never tasted a potato salad quite like this one. It was fantastic, def not mustard based and didn't register as a mayo based one though, maybe sour cream or something else, but I'd def recommend it.
BBQ
Goose83
AG
quote:
Doesn't Fargo's usually sell out of Potato Salad quickly? I'm not sure if it's mustard based, never actually seen it, LOL. I need to try it.

Love Fargo's Potato Salad - Definitely worth a try if you haven't had it before.
delta-lima88
AG
Not allowed to bring any potato salad home unless it's Rudy's.
PBR
I ended up getting Rudy's...I had forgotten how good it was...It should be good 2 quarts cost me $15
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.