Dogs with fleas in CS

1,406 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ksp
southcsag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We have had a terrible time with fleas on our dogs. I read on a website to make a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water and put in a spray bottle and to then spray on the dogs. It looks like after one day the number of fleas on the dogs has really decreased. The website said that fleas do not like the vinegar.

Has anybody else heard about this?
BCStalk
Yes. It's not as immediate as medicine, but actually works.
MiMi
S
Just remember that the adult fleas on your dog represent only about 5% of the population. You must treat the environment - and not just aim at killing the adult flea, but the eggs, larvae, and pupae as well. Depending on where your dog spends most of its time, your house and/or yard are infested too.
O.G.
If you treat your yard yourself, you only need to spry the areas that are in the shade. Fleas do not
stay in the direct sunlight, so you don't have to spray the whole yard.
Max06
AG
I had a terrible time with fleas in Bryan. I used Frontline consistently and it was like water to them! Switched to Comfortis and the flea issue was gone. Vet said that fleas can be come resistant to some medicines, so that must have been the case!
PhiAggie
AG
Trifexis for the dog, EccoZap for the yard.

No fleas!
AggieJason
AG
Dog, yard, and interior of house all need to be treated.
ksp
Spray your yard, then spray again in 12-14 days as when poison hits the fleas, they drop their eggs, in 12-14 days or so they hatch again and issue will be back again in full force or worse. All this after dipping dogs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.