wreck at university and Texas

2,542 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by dubi
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
avoid if possible for now
techno-ag
AG
God bless.
BCStalk
Not bad. But no idea what happened. Distracted drivers I'm assuming, no completely disabled vehicles from what I could tell.
redd38
AG
Anyone know if they've cleared it yet?
victory
AG
Looked like a CSPD car came across the median. Should be interesting to learn what happened. Hope everybody is ok
BCStalk
That's what I could not figure out. He was on the median. Thought it was possibly intentional. That would explain why the police presence was so much it was stupid.
redd38
AG
I couldn't tell what happened either, didn't get a great look though. I did see a vehicle across the median but didn't see that it was a cop car. there was an a**-load of emergency vehicles on scene
techno-ag
BCStalk
Yes and slightly worse then a fender bender at best.
originaltexan
The black car was hard core smashed at the scene.

It was way more than a fender bender.
redd38
AG
there is a picture on The Eagle's Twitter, I'm on my phone or I'd post it
dubi
AG
News release
redd38
AG
So the officer was just trying to make the turn from University to Texas and he somehow ended up over the median? I couldn't do that if I tried.
BCStalk
quote:
So the officer was just trying to make the turn from University to Texas and he somehow ended up over the median? I couldn't do that if I tried.

Yes but you are also not a highly trained individual who is willing to run 100mph down Texas roads in heavy traffic. Duh
originaltexan
Only knowing what I read, but a general comment

Popo only has a few seconds/minutes to respond in many cases to save your life when 911 is called.

See the lights, clear the way.

I usually get out of the way if I see Popo behind me. The Officers have a thankless job.

In many cities, they are called to a volcano eruption, yet cursed and fought when they arrive. If they have an error or mistake, the citizen is quick to slam with comments.

Imagine being the first one to arrive where you know some nut case is holding others with a gun as the report show...seconds seem like minutes, minutes seems like hours. If someone has a gun pointed at your head, you don't want a cop driving at the posted speed limit to save you.
BCStalk
This is not that instance. Doesn't do any good if he never makes it to the scene. I understand emergencies are a priority but speeding through traffic can sometimes be more dangerous and unnecessary. Of course not knowing all the details this is just my opinion.
dubi
AG
The officer took the turn too fast responding to an emergency call of a perp with a gun.

No one was hurt. Give the cop a break.

Adrenaline!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.