Recycling Bags CoCS Question

1 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by RecycleCSTX
lightswitch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hello,

Is there a physical place where I can go to get recycling bags for CoCS?

Tried the following:
  • Left the yellow "need bags" sticker on the last batch of recycling. No luck
  • Filled out the form for extra bags online on the CoCS website. No luck
  • Left a two message on their answering machine for the CoCS recycling program: 764-6228. No luck
I ask this question not in a mean or aggravated way, just looking for a potential solution.
rc_cat
I usually have good luck with the green tag, but, the one time I tried the online bag request, I got nothing. When I called to inquire if I'd done something wrong, I was told the driver assured them he'd left my bags when they picked up my recycling. I told them that would be tough to do since I didn't put out any recycling that day. They did bring bags after that - can't remember if it was a special trip or the next recycling day.

I was able to pick up bags at one of the buildings over on Krenek Tap - they had them in a bin just inside the front door - but, unfortunately I can't remember exactly which building it was.
TXCityGirl
I have used the online request form a few times, and it has worked. You need to input your address in the comments box is all. Sorry you are having trouble, but THANK YOU for recycling!
Also - there are large collection dumpsters for recycling on Adriance Road just off University near the Vet School, too. I take my cardboard boxes there regularly. Collect for plastics, glass, etc. there too!
The Grinder (99)
AG
citygirl,

Thanks for posting that. I assume that is for general use?
MiMi
S
Call Public Works at 764-3690. I had to do this when my repeated online requests were ignored and they missed the yellow sticker on my last bag.
kittenmittens
Grinder, as far as I know, there aren't use restrictions on those bins. We've been using them for 3+ years and have never seen any indication that we're not supposed to.
RecycleCSTX
Very sorry and embarrassed to hear about your (and others) experience!

I can assure you, staff does not ignore any requests received through our office. Unfortunately, bags for one reason or another sometimes do not make it to their destination as intended. Anywhere from oversight, kids grabbing them, neighbors, etc. Once the issue is known, we make every effort possible to correct it and try to prevent it from happening again.

Please send your address at your convenience.

Heather Woolwine
Recycling & Environmental Compliance Manager
Hwoolwine@cstx.gov / 979-764-6229

75AG
AG
Thanks! What's the latest on single recycle bins?
RecycleCSTX
Good question!

We open our RFP this summer, bids should get interesting. We've heard of a lot of interest in our program and are excited about potential opportunities.

We currently conducting a single stream pilot in Emerald Forest, a lot of their data will help us during our bid process.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.