Looking for veterinarian

2,445 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by dachsie
ncttc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone know of a good vet in the BCS area? We have been going to Boonville Animal Hospital for years, but our vet has moved. We have a small dog that is having seizures. For that reason, we would prefer a more "experienced " vet instead of one right out of school. Maybe they have seen this many times and can help us out. We will go to the one most recommended. TIA
armymom
Dr. Nieuwoudt at Wellborn Road Vet operated on my dog when no one else would. We enjoyed a few more quality years with our dog!
SoTheySay
S
Bostick is the best. Referred several people and all were very happy!
montegobay
Dr. Bay at Van Stavern is amazing!
dachsie
Another Vote for Van Stavern. My dachsie had some seizures several years ago. They took gret care of him. I changed his food to Nutro Ultra and he has not had any more seizures.
Tailgate88
AG
Van Stavern is awesome. All the vets there are great.
Rockdoc
AG
Yup, Dr Bay at Van Stavern
momlaw
AG
I like all four docs at Van Stavern. They have excellent staff, too. 10 years, 4 dogs, 1 cat treated exceptionally well, some for severe maladies.
AggieBB
AG
quote:
Does anyone know of a good vet in the BCS area? We have been going to Boonville Animal Hospital for years, but our vet has moved. We have a small dog that is having seizures. For that reason, we would prefer a more "experienced " vet instead of one right out of school. Maybe they have seen this many times and can help us out. We will go to the one most recommended. TIA

I don't think Dr Glade is right out of school. Did he leave Boonville too?
chloelee
VanStavern clinic
ncttc
Thanks for all of the replies. We will call VanStavern and make an appt tomorrow. Aggie BB, if I had liked Glade, we would have stayed at BAH. Thanks for your concern though.
ncttc
dachsie, what type of dog food did you have your dog on before you went to the Nutro Ultra? Both of my dogs are on Beneful. However I recently read about dog owners saying that Beneful had made their dogs sick. Since our dogs have been on Beneful for years, I hadn't really thought about changing them.
michellecan
Dr. Bags is great!
Brewmaster
AG
experienced? Dr. Cargill, old Ag Vet in Bryan...

El Cerrito Animal Clinic

very experienced, great guy and vet, near Bryan High.
dachsie
quote:
dachsie, what type of dog food did you have your dog on before you went to the Nutro Ultra? Both of my dogs are on Beneful. However I recently read about dog owners saying that Beneful had made their dogs sick. Since our dogs have been on Beneful for years, I hadn't really thought about changing them.

They were using the Nutro Max but it has corn by-products in it. The Nutro Ultra is all natural, lean protein blend with other things like berries, tomatow, sunflower, etc. Its the corn that can cause some of the issues. Here is the website and you can look at the ingredients. I started reading about seizures in dogs when it happened and it was recmmended to go more natural with thei food ad it seemed to work for Zach.

http://www.ultraholistic.com/
Rex Racer
AG
We are fortunate to have many good vets here, being the home to A&M.

Dr. Bond at Southwood Valley Animal Hospital is good. He saved one of our cat's lives when he was in diabetic ketoacidosis several years back. That cat is thriving at age 18 or 19.

I also like Kingdom Animal Hospital. We have taken our cats there a lot since it's closer to our house.

And we board out at Wellborn in Waggie Pet Zone, and have had them give our cats a checkup and like them.
dachsie
Here is a good link of diets for epileptic dogs:

http://www.canine-epilepsy.com/healthydiet.html
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.