Feedback about College Station Daycares

3,359 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Mimsie
Mimsie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can anyone give me any feedback on the daycare 'Bullfrogs and Butterflies' and/or 'Two Peas in a Pod Learning Center'. Any positive or negative experience or insight will be appreciated.
AggieAces06
AG
It probably depends on what age range your looking for.

We had our infant at Bullfrogs and Butteflies for a couple months while we were waiting to get into a location closer to our house. The ladies who run it are awesome, and we liked the girls who were in the infant room.

I wasn't impressed with the Peas in a Pod director when I called a it getting on the wait list, so I never actually visited them. They may have been having an off day when I spoke with them.
carpe vinum
AG
carpe milkum was there (B&B) for 2 years, no complaints at all.
AggieWife2008
S
What is your email address? I rather not post publicly.
Mimsie
My email is mimsie0614@gmail.com
Mimsie
I am looking for an 11 month old.
Law361
AG
Peas in a Pod was great for us. No complaints. Go for a tour. You'll be impressed.
gigemags03
AG
I know of two people who did not have good experiences with Pea & A Pod and pulled their kids out. We luckily were able to find another option, but they seemed very disorganized with their waiting list and in office communication. I received three separate calls saying we were next on the list and told them we were not going to need them after all. By the third time, I was thankful they were not caring for my child.
aggieboy06
Peas and a pod is a joke. We had our oldest there from the time that they opened for about 18 months. In that time I think she had about 15 different teachers. Nothing like leaving you toddler with a stranger every 6 weeks. The director is a nice lady but she is not cut out to run a daycare.
Mimsie
Thank you so very much for taking the time to let me know. I really appreciate all the responses here.
welborn
We did Peas in a Pod and had similar experiences that were stated above. Lots of teacher changes. Once our kid turned 2 we went to Longmire Learning Center and it's the best in the business as far as I can tell. We've been to St Joes Eagle's Nest, Peas, and the Southwood Learning Center.

LLC is better than all of those places.
Mimsie
Thanks for the feedback!!
Mr. Griswold
I don't have any experience with Peas In a Pod but I can speak to a few aspects of Bullfrogs & Butterflies. First off, anyone who is able to successfully run a childcare facility has earned my respect. That is a job I could not do. But we definitely noticed some issues when we visited Bullfrogs & Butterflies and in the end, it wasn't for us.

First I should explain that my wife and I showed up unannounced one day at around 10:00 as we had done at numerous other facilities around town. Bullfrogs & Butterflies was THE ONLY ONE that said, "Oh, we only do tours at [some predetermined time], I'm sorry." Well, we took off work to come here and, like I said, we didn't have an issue showing up unannounced at any other daycare. So that caught us off guard and made it feel like the facility was in some way "not ready" to show to prospective customers.

So there we are, standing in the tiny little lobby area, just talking with one of the owners about the facility since it apparently wasn't available to show. Three big problems that I noticed just standing right there. One, the rooms seemed extremely overcrowded. Teachers were tripping over the kids, kids were tripping over kids, etc. Two, one of the rooms had a TV in it. No thanks. On top of that, one of the TEACHERS was glued to the TV while the kids occupied themselves playing around her. Not cool. And then lastly, there was a snack machine filled with candy bars and junk food (and maybe a drink machine too, I don't remember) right there in the lobby. Way to promote healthy eating.

So like I said, it definitely was not for us. To each his own though. Finding daycare in this city is a nightmare no matter how you slice it.
medic1969p
No experience with Peas in a Pod

My experience with Bullfrogs and Butterflies was not pleasant. I went unannounce to check on my child and there were little kids in the back crying and it appeared they had been crying for a while. They had issues with keeping clean and cross contamination when changing diapers so kids were having issues. The final straw was dropping my son off and suddenly he was clinging to front door crying.

We went to Kindercare Learning Center and I realized the difference between daycare and learning center. I was well worth what I paid for an no complaints. We used the one on Village

Good Luck - it's hard
Tailgate88
AG
Longmire Learning Center is awesome.
Tanya 93
quote:
No experience with Peas in a Pod

My experience with Bullfrogs and Butterflies was not pleasant. I went unannounce to check on my child and there were little kids in the back crying and it appeared they had been crying for a while. They had issues with keeping clean and cross contamination when changing diapers so kids were having issues. The final straw was dropping my son off and suddenly he was clinging to front door crying.

We went to Kindercare Learning Center and I realized the difference between daycare and learning center. I was well worth what I paid for an no complaints. We used the one on Village

Good Luck - it's hard
I hated the Kindercare on Village. Hated them.

We were so much happier at St. Anthony's.
Mimsie
Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Daycare is definitely a difficult decision so all the insight I can get really helps
Banker
My best suggestion is to check the state website for inspection reports, always go in unannounced to check on your child. I have had bad daycares, and we have been at one of the best in town for a long time now. We use Stepping Stone School. It is much more than a daycare. I would recommend looking in to them. They have two locations.
Mimsie
We are wait listed at two of the leading ones but looks like its going to be a long wait. So am looking at other feasible options in the meantime.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.