What made your Ring Day extra special?

2,148 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Satellite of Love
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
From TexAgs Sponsor, Fifth 'C' Fine Jewelry:

Ring Day is Friday, April 17th! Surprise your Lady Aggie and celebrate Ring Day all over again, no matter
where you live with a Reveille Ring from Fifth C Fine Jewelry!

About the Reveille Ring:

*The Texas Aggie Senior Ring is protected by registered trademarks owned by The Association of Former Students, the sole source of the Texas Aggie Senior Ring. Fifth C Fine Jewelry and its products are not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by The Association of Former Students, and Fifth C Fine Jewelry does not sell the Texas Aggie Senior Ring.

*The Reveille Ring started as an idea to enhance my wife's Aggie Ring back in 2001. Let's just say people that saw it became fans. I am happy to make one for you or yours as well.

*I have learned each individual Aggie Ring is slightly different in shape (different castings, different molds over different years, etc...). This means each Reveille Ring has to be custom made to properly fit the Aggie Ring it is to accompany.

*The price of the Reveille Ring is currently $975.00 plus tax & shipping (price includes a 5% discount for cash or check). This is the price for the ring as shown here, but the price is the same in white gold. (and a second ring can be added for an additional $850.00)

*If you wish to buy one, we can do this a couple of ways:
  • You can give me or send me the Aggie Ring it is to accompany. I can make the ring then.
  • If you wish to surprise the recipient, you can purchase a gift certificate. It comes on my stationery with a picture of the Reveille Ring explaining the gift they have been given and how to arrange for it to come to fruition.

*The Reveille Ring can be soldered to the Aggie Ring it is paired to. This will make it look like two rings, but wear as one. It can always be unsoldered, but I recommend soldering.

*These rings can be worn one on each side of an Aggie Ring.

*In most cases, the process will take 2-3 weeks, depending on our workload at the time. I can always send a gift certificate within a few days.

*Keep in mind that this is a custom ring. It can be made in gold, white gold, or platinum with all diamond or any other stone. The price quoted above is for the Diamond, Mozambique (maroon) Garnet, and Gold/White Gold Ring.

God's Peace,

Chuck Konderla
Owner-Fifth 'C' Fine Jewelry
979.255.8388 (texts welcome)
1716 Briarcrest Dr Ste 601
Bryan, Texas 77802
chuck@fifthcjewelry.com
AgCPA
AG
Getting it I suppose. When mine came in, I was notified, went to the Pavilion to pick it up. Waited in a line of 2. Received it and walked away. No fan fair. Only satisfaction at the milestone it represented.
AggiePirate
AG
cledus6150
AG
Getting mine was no big deal, went by myself 2nd in line picked ring up and left. Now then when I went with an old GF of mine that was a completely different experience. Which included a close panic attack by her and me running/driving fairly fast to receive the appropriate number of ID's. Then racing back to be in time for her to not miss a beat while waiting in line. I would say I was a little winded, wasn't expecting to have a jog at a ring ceremony.
Kbeauty63
AG
Nothing special about picking the ring up. Was working FT on campus in G. Rollie White. Walked down on my lunch hour to pick it up & then walked back to work. The special-ness of the ring is that I was the first in my immediate family (Father/Mother/siblings) to graduate from college. Parents & siblings had gone to college but not finished. Oh - and the fact that I did it as an older student (35) working FT & PT.
originaltexan
I had a belly of beer
AggieAces06
AG
We had a football game on my ring day. Game got moved to Thursday because there as supposed to be a hurricane. Mostly empty stands, but it was a fun memory.
Tex Aggie
AG
I got mine on the Thursday of the hurricane
No fanfare, get in, get out, go home

Then we had to suffer through the crappy absentee football game vs Texas state
AggiePirate
AG
I remember this day.
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
We had a football game on my ring day. Game got moved to Thursday because there as supposed to be a hurricane. Mostly empty stands, but it was a fun memory.
Got mine the same day. None of the traditional pomp and circumstance. I met some friends for lunch, we got our rings, then I helped one of the ladies in my department move furniture to accommodate family coming in from wherever the storm was supposed to hit.
betas2000
AG
Mine was on 11/18/99 same day bonfire went down, a day I will never forget!
cohibasymas
AG
My mom earned her doctorate at A&M years earlier but never purchased a ring. When it came time for me to purchase, she decided to have one too. We picked them up together; I'll never forget it.
dgonzo99
Back when I got my ring, you just went over to the Coke Building and picked it up any time of the day. Not the big deal that it is now. One of my best friends went with me. What made it so special was that my Mom worked long and hard to help me go to A&M. Every time I look at it I think of her.
DBSwooper
quote:
Back when I got my ring, you just went over to the Coke Building and picked it up any time of the day. Not the big deal that it is now. One of my best friends went with me. What made it so special was that my Mom worked long and hard to help me go to A&M. Every time I look at it I think of her.

This.

My ring day took about 10 minutes to stand in line, I got my ring and left. No bands, no food, no craziness, the ring made the day special, not a circus.
shotcaller1
AG
My ring day was special in that that was the closest I've ever been to being hospitalized for alcohol poisoning.
beefly95
My ring day didn't get cancelled like today's did.
Picadillo
Just went to pick it up in the Coke Bldg by myself. No dressing up, no photos, no ring dunk, no hype, no circus. Just a quiet sense of pride and accomplishment.
Satellite of Love
As it should be Pic. I don't understand the need to glorify and hype up these traditions like goes on now. The Aggie network is a very powerful tool. No need to be outlandish on ring day and there was no need for a huge ring built on campus.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.