Remnant of New Orleans

5,777 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TheAlarmGuy
Cancelled
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since Hebert's closed, I've had serious withdrawal of good Cajun food. Sorry, I admire Shipwreck, but I think it's a bit overhyped. This place though is the real deal. I had gumbo and boudain balls and it is very good. Not as good a Hebert's, but there's nothing I can do about that.

The location is kind of sketchy and has some sketchy convenience store customers, but it's worth it. Just know that it's not a sit down joint.

ksp
Where?
FlyRod
Hopefully the opening of Swamp Tales on Wellborn will rectify the lack of Cajun/Creole food around here.
Cancelled
AG
It's on Holleman in the old Checkers.
TxAgg07
AG
Is it the same place that was inside the Checkers a few years ago?
rp71
I ate there a few years back. Everything was very good, but it was too spicy for us. I like spicy food but the heat overpowered everything. My wife and daughter had to eat something from the house.
wasntme
Sure wish Hebert's would come back!!
Oogway
Sketchy? Oh, good grief. I guess I don't always look my best when I stop for gas, but really?!
Oh, and Hebert's was good, I agree
Cancelled
AG
I think someone threatening the clerk qualifies as sketchy.
AggiePhil
AG
Got a menu you can post?
biobioprof
They've been in the Checkers for a couple of years. It's run by a family and is take out only. It's in the convenience store but has a separate billing. Excellent po boys.
Tailgate88
AG
I've eaten there and it's good. Glad for the reminder actually, I'm going to have to find a reason to get back over there soon. The menu is posted in one of the reviews on the Yelp page.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-remnant-from-nawlins-college-station
Oogway
quote:
I think someone threatening the clerk qualifies as sketchy.

So, you haven't been to one of the local places that charges for a glass of water?

Just joking with ya; I've never felt unsafe there, anymore than any other quikstop place in CS.
originaltexan
My life is greater than the best bowl of gumbo.
Cancelled
AG
No. But I had boudain balls and gumbo. The gumbo had crqbs and shrimp. Still not as good as Hebert's, but no sense in holding on to the past.
Cancelled
AG
It wasn't THAT bad.
eloc62
went to New Orleans a couple weeks ago over spring break and had some great food as always. love that Cajun food! can't really figure out how some cajun food restaurant has not really taken hold of a place in this market. also, what about a beignet shop here in town? fried dough with powdered sugar on top and coffee, like at Cafe Du Monde. who doesn't love that? give us an alternative to donuts.
TxAgg07
AG
The owner used to be the cook at Hullabaloo way back when.
halibut sinclair
Hebert's was passable at best.
Cancelled
AG
What?!?
FlyRod
It tend to agree with halibut. The pot roast sandwich was fine and the touffe was pretty good, but extremely limited menu, and too often everything reduced to that over-salted spice mix they encouraged you to dump on everything. Nice people, and they are rightly missed, but surely we can do better.
ChampsAg
Hebert posted on the Facebook page that they are working on a food truck
originaltexan
Food truck idea in Brazos County....bad idea. Location agreements and staying in compliance with ordinances....way too tough.

Wrong market & the whole food truck craze is falling by the wayside.
Spyderman
AG
Did the Remnant for lunch today. Had the ettoufee and a shrimp poboy. Both were darn good. They've got a burger called the Super Dome Burger...will try that sometime.
bonfiresmoke
I have been to Remnant a couple times. Great food and great people.
Spyderman
AG
quote:
Hopefully the opening of Swamp Tales on Wellborn will rectify the lack of Cajun/Creole food around here.
When and where on Wellborn?
TheAlarmGuy
Soon
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.