AT&T data

1,206 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AggiePirate
armymom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am noticing that AT&T slows down my download on my unlimited cell data about once a month for a few days. Anyone else have this problem? So annoying and can't help they are doing it on purpose so that I will change to one of their limited data plans.
MiMi
S
We had that happen when we had the unlimited plan and exceeded what they thought we should be using. We would get notification when we were close to the limit where they would slow down the speed. We changed to a limited plan when we upgraded our phones and lost our grandfathered unlimited plan.
gigem1215
AG
I haven't noticed a data slow down but I was frustrated to find out that if you have an unlimited plan you cannot use your phone as a wi-fi hot spot. When I called to set up the hot spot, they told me you will have to change data plans to something that is not unlimited in order to get a hot spot.
AggiePirate
AG
This is a part of a major lawsuit between the FCC ant ATT. Yes they throttle you after 5 GB if you are on an unlimited plan. Its on google at least two places.
InMyOpinion
quote:
I am noticing that AT&T slows down my download on my unlimited cell data about once a month for a few days. Anyone else have this problem? So annoying and can't help they are doing it on purpose so that I will change to one of their limited data plans.

A few years back once I hit about 6-7gb one month and I got an email warning me they would throttle my internet. That happened 3 months in a row and the throttling was noticeable. I purposely kept using more each month to see what would happen and after the first 3 months the notification stopped and throttling stopped but I kept the usage about 8gb for the next few months to see what would happen - nothing. This was in 2009-10.
InMyOpinion
quote:
I haven't noticed a data slow down but I was frustrated to find out that if you have an unlimited plan you cannot use your phone as a wi-fi hot spot. When I called to set up the hot spot, they told me you will have to change data plans to something that is not unlimited in order to get a hot spot.

I couldnt imagine how much data would have been used had they allowed hotspots for people with unlimited data.
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
quote:
I couldnt imagine how much data would have been used had they allowed hotspots for people with unlimited data.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.