CSISD Buses

11,159 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by lightswitch
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I doubted you when you wrote this but encountered it today at about the halfway point on Spring Loop. Bus had actually pulled over against the curb with emergency flashers on as well as the blinking red lights. Had traffic backed up to University. Finally turned them off and walked back thru the bus as drivers were allowed to pass.
Yep, that's what it does every single day. Even though it is parked along the curb, it still turns on its lights an blocks traffic.

Not really sure what could take as long as it does for it to be sitting there for that long each day. It cannot take 20 minutes to get a few kids at most onto the bus. I've never been able to get close enough to see what they're actually doing. Now I just go a different way and avoid Spring Loop all together.

I believe that bus picks up a handicapped passenger. Has to load the wheelchair and get her strapped in.
Don't interject facts into the outrage, Cap'n.
No outrage from me, merely an observation of what a CSISD bus does.

As I said, I've never been close enough to see what it is doing, just that it was stopped for long periods of time.

That said, as soon as I saw it mentioned that it had to do with a handicapped child, I knew it was only a matter of time before someone made some snarky comments. It also means that any criticism is automatically prohibited. A friend of mine got banned for 30 days for using the "R" word to describe someone with learning disabilities.

But whatever, I simply go a different way now and avoid the cluster that Spring Loop has become each morning.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
30 days seems light for any adult that would use the "R" word to describe anyone or anything.
atm86
AG
quote:
30 days seems light for any adult that would use the "R" word to describe anyone or anything.
You part of the thought police?
Look Out Below
AG
Here is the definition of retarded: less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age

I see nothing wrong with the above usage. Yes, there is a stigma associated with that word -- but the word still does have an actual meaning that necessitates its use.
rhoswen
AG
30 days for that? Holy crap!
aggiepaintrain
AG
7:56 no bus.
lightswitch
quote:
These kids are often rowdy, loud, disrespectful of adults, bully-ish, and sharing very inaccurate information about human reproduction with other kids. For $13.00 per hour, the bus driver is responsible for all of this.

And they want to do a background check and a drug test and they expect the drivers not to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol while driving around these tolerated "creations". Too much man, too much for basically chicken feed.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.