Pick your own ..... ?

1,410 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by dachsie
Red Krow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone ever gone to any pick your own berry/veggie places within an hour ish driving distance. I had heard of kings orchard but they have apparently closed according to yelp. I was hoping to take the kids to a place this spring or early summer and wanted to go ahead a plan it.

thanks for any info or experiences
Kbeauty63
AG
there is Jollisant Farms off the road going to the Ren Fest - TONS of options to pick (depending on time of year). There is also a farm between Navasota & Hempstead that you can pick your own blackberries & peaches - E&B Farms.

medic1969p
I thought Jollisant was very pricey and not worth what we paid
dachsie
I plan to go get some strawberries at Jollisant this year but they are kinda pricey. I am not able to get to Louisiana to get strawberries this year and want to make jam. You can get a flat of strawberries in Louisiana for $18. its $6/lb to pick at Jollisant. I find the same with peaches here. They are twice what I pay in Louisiana for Ruston peaches so I will make a road trip in July to get them in Ruston.
AggiePirate
AG
Just go get a big cup of em at the Farm Patch or a few boxes at HEB. You can use the extra time to play Monopoly with the kids. Your Welcome.
dachsie
I want strawberries that have taste and they dont at HEB. Farm Patch is hit or miss
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.