breakfast tacos

3,844 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Tailgate88
fla_agfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Back on bcs for the first time since 2011... any suggestions for good breakfast tacos?

Thanks in advance.

And yes I yelped it. Just wanted a few other suggestions.
MiMi
S
Fuego
Torchy's
hot dog
AG
Stripes in Bryan on Briarcrest, across from Cracker Barrel. Only place I'll get breakfast tacos here.
rhoswen
AG
The gas station on the corner of La Brisa and 2818 in Bryan. Oh how I miss their potato bean and cheese tacos.
michellecan
Jesse's Taqueria, Briarcrest & 29th, behind Walgreens...only place I'll go.
Tanya 93
La Familia in Bryan.
Yuccadoo
jP's in Caldwell.
FlyRod
Jesse's are excellent. El Sol de Mexico's are very good. A little hole in the wall named Maggie's is great, and they make fantastic tortillas there as well. Fuego's Migas tacos are pretty bombdiggity.
understandingmom
Garpez in shell station at bypass and HWY 30. They have a drive thru which i love.
Also agree that Jesse's is very good.
Rexter
Tiger Mart at 2818/Leonard Rd has an excellent taqueria. My favorite is bean, bacon, egg, potato, chorizo...$2

Rooster14
Mi Familia Coco Loco @ Pinion and the south bound feeder. Or Coco Loco at Welsh and SE Parkway. The firefighter are always there. And firefighters know food.
Yuccadoo
Yes, Maggies is great!
Picadillo
Garpez or GTFO
MsC2012
AG
Rudys! Brisket egg and cheese!
Tailgate88
AG
Maggie's is the best kept secret in town.
halibut sinclair
La Botana
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
torchy's if you dont have to be at work. They destroyed my insides.
FlyRod
Not surprised. I've never had a taco from Torchy's that wasn't served cold. Ugh.
agdad01
Go to Torchy's every Sunday after church and the taco's are hot and fresh. Have not had a bad one and they server their full menu at breakfast time
fla_agfan
Thanks guys
TXCityGirl
Where is Maggies?
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
Where is Maggies?
http://www.yelp.com/biz/maggies-taqueria-bryan
cfox
Stripes was surprisingly really good! It's definitely worth checking out.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
La Botana on the weekends and Mi Familia Coco Loco by the Ponderrocha going to work.
minpin04
We discovered Maggie's driving to Texas Reds! Very good breakfast tacos. My friend from San Antonio still talks about how good they were and can't wait to go back next time she comes to town.
shotcaller1
AG
Torchy's is highly overrated as is Fuego. I suggest Coco Loco
aggiegal99
Oddly enough, I really like the HEB tacos from the deli. They are usually sold out by 8. They are made with HEB's fresh tortillas and I like the potato tacos with crispy hashbrowns.

I used to laugh at a coworker who would stop and get them until I tried them myself.
DimeBox17
AG
Stripes in Bryan has many options on breakfast tacos. They usually get the tacos in your hand in under 5 minutes but it does get pretty busy while people are on their work commute. They start serving at 5am for the early birds.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Oddly enough, I really like the HEB tacos from the deli. They are usually sold out by 8. They are made with HEB's fresh tortillas and I like the potato tacos with crispy hashbrowns.

I used to laugh at a coworker who would stop and get them until I tried them myself.
Fresh made tortillas from HEB are allsome. We also like their fresh guacamole, pico, and pre seasoned beef and chicken fajitas. I'll grill fajitas and they're as good or better than a restaurant.
Hogties
AG
Chevron at Barron and 6. A Saturday morning staple. Best tortillas I've ever had.
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
Not surprised. I've never had a taco from Torchy's that wasn't served cold. Ugh.
What is surprising though is that these things are amazing out of the microwave. I have eaten lunch twice off of the ones I was able to plunder from the big event and they have been amazing every time, but not so much not nuked.
FlyRod
That kinda makes sense, Pirate. Torchy's doesn't seem to heat their tortillas before making the tacos, so the steam from nuking them most likely softens then up and heats them as well. Gonna try this experiment, thanks for the tip!

And yeah, the guac, pico, and various store made salsas at HEB are seriously good too.
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
Gonna try this experiment, thanks for the tip!
First of all, thanks for acknowledging me. Second of all I cant help but reference, "just the tip". Also you won't be disappointed. Please look for my new breakfast taco food truck located the exact required legal distance away from Torchy's.

Edit to clear up any confusion:

It will look like a ship, but it will be in truck form. As it is being made out of legos it keeps nearing completion before I think of something new and implement that.
Tailgate88
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.