cheapest/best place to get dirt - need lots of it!!!!

1,246 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AgDotCom
MarineBQ04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cheapest/best place to get dirt? need lots of it, like several truckbed loads of dirt. Thanks

OnlyForNow
AG
What kind of dirt are you looking for? And do you know how many cubic yards you need?
MarineBQ04
AG
filler dirt...does not need to be fancy...dogs have dug yard halfway to the other side of the world...trailer that I would pick it up in is 12ft x 7ft x 2ft
OnlyForNow
AG
I'd look up your nearest living earth facility.

Or the place at deacon and texas, across the road from wings n more (unless you're looking for free stuff)
O.G.
Can't remember the name of it but it's across the street from the Wings N More on Deacon,...sort of. My neighbor got half a dump truck load (I think it was 8yds) for something like $120ish.
OnlyForNow
AG
8 cy is a full load. Typical pickup truck will hold close to 1 CY. 120 for 8 CY is a good deal, delivery fee was probably 100
Brewmaster
AG
SawGunner, you're talking about All American Stone... I'm sure they have sandy loam, aka cheap fill
Trent Cox
AG
I just bought some from all american yesterday for the same reason. Sandy fill dirt was $14/yd. and clean fill dirt was $17/yd.
AgDotCom
Whatever you do, specify you want minimal to zero chunks of clay in it.

If you're spreading the loads out, you'll be kicking yourself if you don't.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.