Boonville Animal Hospital

5,515 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by GSS
tinybutmighty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I recently learned the devastating news that Dr. LaurieLipsey is leaving Boonville Animal Hospital. She has cared for my family's pets
for over a decade and she is one of the most kindest and compassionate people I
have had the privilege of meeting. Her departure is a huge loss to our
community. Dr. Lipsey is the reason Boonville Animal Hospital is what it is
today. Dr. Lipsey will truly be missed.
labmansid
That is really sad news. She has been great when we needed to take our pets in. Is she moving, or is there another reason?
carpe vinum
AG
Laurie is a great Vet and person, I've known her at least 25 years. This has been in the works for several years though. I believe you will really like Dr Glade as well.
curry97
AG
Dr Glade is really good but we will miss Dr Lipsey. She has always been there for us in an emergency situation.
AggiePirate
AG
Doesn't a couple run it?
AggieBB
AG
Dr Lipsey IS BOonville Animal Hospital. Been taking my dogs to her for 20 years. Hate to hear this.
meinkee
Dr. Lipsey is indeed the kindest most compassionate vet I have ever had but I must say Dr Glade has never let me down. He and Dr. Barling are just as thorough in caring for my animals and II like them both very much. Dr Lipsey sure will
Be missed.
freshfrenchfryfanatic
AG
Dr. Barling is gone too...
Counterpoint
AG
What's the story? Is she leaving town? Is she retiring? Is she starting another clinic somewhere else? Please help...she's the only vet I've ever had.

carpe vinum
AG
several years ago she said she was selling the practice to, I believe, Dr. Glade and was going to stay on for a few years to transition things. I would imagine that time is up. My understanding, then, was she would retire. I haven't talked to her in a few years though.
tinybutmighty
It is my understanding that her plan was to eventually retire and turn the clinic over to the other doctors at the clinic. However, I believe her departure is occurring because of other circumstances she did not anticipate.

My family is currently looking for a new vet. Dr. Lipsey was the heart and soul of that clinic; we can not bring ourselves to stay at that practice. I welcome any suggestions for a clinic that has a similar atmosphere and attitude towards customer service that Boonville was known for.
JP76
quote:
It is my understanding that her plan was to eventually retire and turn the clinic over to the other doctors at the clinic. However, I believe her departure is occurring because of other circumstances she did not anticipate.

My family is currently looking for a new vet. Dr. Lipsey was the heart and soul of that clinic; we can not bring ourselves to stay at that practice. I welcome any suggestions for a clinic that has a similar atmosphere and attitude towards customer service that Boonville was known for.

Marden animal clinic has great customer service.
OnlyANobody
I really like Dr. Lipsey. and I believe her departure is a loss to us all. However, I have had wonderful treatment by all the doctors and staff that we've seen there. I'm not sure that her departure would automatically stop the great customer service and care that we've become accustomed to there.
jodiw
When I called to schedule our critters in I was told she will be out for a while for her family but has every plan to return. She's not retiring at this point, just headed back home for a bit. We have been seeing her for many years and wouldn't think of changing! This year we will see Dr. glade, who is also great and cross our fingers she's back next!

AggiePirate
AG
quote:
When I called to schedule our critters in I was told she will be out for a while for her family but has every plan to return. She's not retiring at this point, just headed back home for a bit.

AggieBB
AG
quote:
When I called to schedule our critters in I was told she will be out for a while for her family but has every plan to return. She's not retiring at this point, just headed back home for a bit. We have been seeing her for many years and wouldn't think of changing! This year we will see Dr. glade, who is also great and cross our fingers she's back next!

You're going to be awfully disappointed if you think she's coming back. She has sold the clinic and left the state of Texas.
cinag83
So sorry to hear this. Laurie has been our vet since the early 90's. The other vets are great too. We aren't going to change. Good luck Laurie in whatever you do.
TXAggie1976
AG
The community will greatly miss her. Though she was never our vet, she supported the local non-profit animal shelter greatly in the past. I am so sorry people are losing their vet. We are very fortunate that so many are in our community as well as the vet school.
GSS
Dr Lipsey has always mixed outstanding expertise with practicality and kindness. She has been our vet for 25+ yrs (back when her first clinic was near the current McCoy's in Bryan).

We quickly realized a difference at Boonville when one of the new vets diagnosed one of our dogs as "depressed", when in actuality it ate something it shouldn't have. Have to think we would not have heard the same from Dr Lipsey

As recently as this past January Dr Lipsey made her annual "farm call" to our place, for various vaccinations and checks. She mentioned family issues had influenced her work involvement, but stated she would still be working, just less.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.