Creek Meadows Completion

3,478 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by UmustBKidding
agtwister_5
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any insights when all houses in the Creek Meadows community are scheduled to be completed. Saw the plans for the different phases, but couldn't find an expected date of completion.
MadDog73
AG
Oldham Goodwin Group is the developer. Might try giving them a call.
agtwister_5
AG
Good idea.
redchapterjubilee
Not much left to build out on the original side. The large undeveloped portion in the original development is still zoned for multi-family construction (there was a request to rezone from duplexes to townhomes last year that was withdrawn). There's still plenty of building left on the south side of Greens Prairie but that side of the neighborhood is 1800 sq ft + required in the covenants.
UmustBKidding
But there will be a new batch ~250 slums started west of Royder as soon as College Station has their way with the area.
PS3D
quote:
But there will be a new batch ~250 slums started west of Royder as soon as College Station has their way with the area.

quote:
Think you are confused, it not a neighborhood its a SlumDivision. College Station is on pace to win the race to the bottom. While Bryan is building like crazy in the BioCorridor, Traditions & Miramont, College Station is out Annexing south of Wellborn and will Annex the race track once it MUD is formed, so the developers can build on slums on 1/3 and 1/4 acre lots. At CS informational meeting in the Wellborn area the Planning director was all proud that they were facilitating a developer to build tract houses where currently all the housing in the proposed annex area are on at least one acre lots.

I sense a theme here.
UmustBKidding
Yep, everyone that lives in the annex area is not happy. They were not happy about Creek Meadows either especially the multifamily portion of it.
I just happen to be the loud mouth. And if/when I am annexed, I will likely continue to be at the council meetings.
Oogway
quote:
...everyone that lives in the annex area is not happy. They were not happy about Creek Meadows either especially the multifamily portion of it.

Of course everyone that lives in the annex area is not happy. Based on this forum, some posters are never happy.

Over the last few years I have read people complain about 'needing this', 'needing that' and with the growth 'how south College Station will finally get a ______.' Well, those exciting times are here. Here is the growth and here come the businesses. Shipley's, Walgreens, Blue Baker, Lowes, Rattler, Salt Grass, and so on. The employees that work in those business need a place to live. What do you want workers to do? Live somewhere else? Oh, you DO want them to live somewhere else? That's too bad because if a worker is ahem 'working their way up to a better life' then sometimes they don't have reliable transportation. (see the bus thread) So living close to work is a plus and if a developer sees that there is a need for housing and fills that need then the developer makes money. Workers can help grow the economy because they have a steady job. Many people that work vote conservatively. That can help keep your taxes lower. I don't know about you, but I like that. (that is a more positive theme, perhaps?)

However, I feel your pain. More houses, more growth, less green space. An idea I heard floated around was a dedicated green space (like a county green belt) that would provide a buffer between some of the growth and the large estate type developments. Sort of like having a skinny Lick Creek Park that forms a crescent along south College Station so that the larger scale development would occur further down the county toward Navasota. A bit like what the Millican Reserve Project is trying to do, only public so that it could be supported/maintained/utilized by more people. That may no longer be feasible. I don't know because that was quite awhile ago and I cannot remember the source.

I am encouraged that you are attending the meetings, participation and involvement are what makes communities better places to live.
RafterAg223
AG
$500k slums on 12,000 square foot lots? I'd love to see the ivory tower you live in. Nothing better than whiners that try to tell others how they should use the property they own. We live in a market driven economy. That's not changing any time soon.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
$500k slums on 12,000 square foot lots? I'd love to see the ivory tower you live in. Nothing better than whiners that try to tell others how they should use the property they own. We live in a market driven economy. That's not changing any time soon.
As long as there's no students, we're good.
justalocal
We are moving to creek meadows after the first home we made an offer on in castlegate received a not so good inspection.
UmustBKidding
My house is very simple, and the house and land (5ac) cost less than $300K when I built it about 15 years ago. There are houses that cost more than I paid and far fancier than mine in Creek Meadows on 1/3 acre. And there are far more expensive houses in Woodlake and they are not worthy of being annexed.
There is typically a huge difference in quality and maintenance of homes that are built on 1/4 ac vs 1/3 ac lots. Look at Creek Meadows vs Mainstreet's development on KoppeBridge. College Station is annexing to facilitate the development of the lowest of the low quality. Most typical urban planners group housing in tiers. Guess that the COCS planning people missed that class. So we are going to have houses 1800'+ (not fancy most built by Stylecraft) on 1+ acre lots on the south, and Creek meadows that are 1/3ac+ 1500'-1800' minimum on the east with who knows what but from the numbers 1/4 acre, all Oakwood instaslums stuffed in between. The reality is both groups should be at the Appraisal district asking for lover valuations based on the degradation of their neighborhoods.

Also COCS cannot currently provide fire protection in Wellborn and the Creek Meadows area with "acceptable" response times. ISO recommends engine response times of <3.2 minutes. Right now in this area COCS response times are >8 minutes. They know this is a problem and hope to have a new fire station on the bond issue in 2015 to be built on Royder Rd, but after the Taj Fire Station on University not sure how many people are going to be rushing to add another one. But putting the cart before the horse seens to fine with them. Remember this when looking at home in Creek Meadows.
So I have no problem with residents of Creek Meadows, they moved in knowing what liberties they have. But I moved to a small dead end street with country lots. We lost when we entered the ETJ. The 4 July and new years eve neighborhood dinner and fireworks became Illegal. I could no longer shoot the coyotes messing with my horses, and a number of other new limitations. Now we are at the next step. I will no longer be able to rent the room over my garage out for friend/family for football games/graduation. I now get to pay for having an alarm system while having slower response than I had when I was outside the city limits. I get to participate in their permitting program, planning, enforcement that we don't need or desire, but this is the only service they offer us for my new tax burden. No one is every happy about more taxes, but big new taxes with absolutely zero useful services is where we are at. I would be happy to pay the taxes to be outside the city limits.
When Lance Simms requested the plats be drawn he had two done. One that included only the CSISD property and Oakwood sub division, and another include that + the existing homes that they will not provides services for. So why does he not "recommend" the first one. Because its all about the Money.
UmustBKidding
Just wait until someone decides that the SouthGate village apartments are on land that should be game day rentals and relocate to the Creek Meadows multifamily zoned area. You will be begging for the students.
justalocal
quote:
Just wait until someone decides that the SouthGate village apartments are on land that should be game day rentals and relocate to the Creek Meadows multifamily zoned area. You will be begging for the students.
Nah, they will probably eminent domain your 5 acres for that.
UmustBKidding
I'd be happy to sell it to them. But no sewer, fire hydrants or necessary infrastructure here. Creek Meadows already has in place.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.