Significant activity - Welsh @ Navarro area, CS

2,373 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Eliminatus
AgDotCom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
About 30 minutes ago I was driving on Harvey Mitchell, turned south on Welsh St., and a few blocks down there was significant police activity. Police cars and two or more ambulances. The police cars were spread out along several different streets (Navarro, San Saba, etc.), making me wonder if there is a manhunt going on.

A bunch of Consol students attending a function at school were letting out about that time. I'm concerned if there is a person of interest running loose in that area.

Checked twitter, KBTX etc. and nothing.

Anyone hear anything or am I out of my mind? The latter is possible.
Chazz03
AG
I heard what sounded like a wreck while ago. Maybe hit and run?
AgDotCom
There was no wreck on Welsh that I could see. Maybe it happened on a side street.

What really grabbed my eye were police cars positioning themselves on the streets that connected to Welsh. There were, however, at least a couple of units stationed on Welsh itself.
Chazz03
AG
Definitely a lot of activity on scanner tonight. The did apprehend someone over there for something
redass89
Those cops were flying down the road to get there. Someone told me that there was an officer chasing someone and another got apprehended. Didn't hear anything elseyou though. Still nothing on kbtx.
AgDotCom
I wouldn't have been so alarmed had there not been 2 or more ambulances dispatched to the scene.

If there's a car accident with ambulances, you at least know the scene is contained. But multiple ambulances + 6-10 police units combing the area, your mind starts to wander. At least mine did.
AggiePhil
AG
quote:
On March 28, 2015 at approximately 2050 hours, Officers with the College Station Police Department were dispatched to 637 West Ridge Dr., for a criminal trespass call. The caller reported that her ex-boyfriend was trying to break a window to gain entry into her residence. While CSPD Officers were en route to her address, CSPD dispatch reported they could hear a fight taking place through the open line of the phone. Upon the first Officer's arrival, he observed the suspect shutting the front door. As the officer approached he heard the sounds of a physical altercation taking place. The officer pushed opened the front door and found the suspect on top of his ex-girlfriend punching her in the face. The officer deployed his Taser on the suspect but it was ineffective. The suspect ran towards the officer and was able to get outside. A foot pursuit ensued. The suspect was apprehended in the Brazos Point Apartment complex a short time later.

During the investigation it was discovered the suspect assaulted his ex-girlfriend and her roommate. The ex-girlfriend sustained a contusion to the forehead. The roommate sustained a small laceration to her face. Neither victim was transported to the hospital for treatment. The suspect forced entry into the apartment through the front door.

The suspect was identified as Tomarkus Demones Jackson, B/M, 31 year old Bryan resident.

He was charged with:
Burglary of Habitation with intent to commit assault (2nd degree felony)
Resisting Arrest (Class A Misdemeanor)
Evading Arrest with a Previous Conviction (State Jail Felony)
Assault Causing Bodily Injury (Class A Misdemeanor)
carpe vinum
AG
That's a good way to get shot.
AgDotCom
Good thing this guy didn't have a gun.

His rap sheet is 10 years long. Might be a reason why so many assets were deployed.
beefly95
Wow. Scary. Good job, CSPD!
Eliminatus
AG
CSPD
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.