Shipley Donuts...glazed donuts

2,865 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by PS3D
smoove
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So the last few times (over the course of a few months) I've been to Shipleys on Villa Maria the icing on their glazed donuts literally melts/runs off the donuts by mid afternoon. Making them no good for consumption later in the day or esp the next AM. So you have to enjoy right then and there 'cause they're no good later. Not necessarily griping, just seeing if others notice the same thing. Can't comment on the other Shipleys in town if they are the same way.
Donuts from other donut shops don't seem to do this.
Maybe someone can comment on why this is.
Tks
ksp
Call and leave message for Tom the GM at one of the stores and quite sure he can explain it to you. Rarely eat sugary stuff so can't comment
AggiePhil
AG
When you order regular glazed, they usually pull them from the freshest warm batch. Maybe you could request some that have been cooling for a bit. Still fresh, just not hot and with melting glaze.
momlaw
AG
Memory Lane. Way back in the day when the only Shipley's was on College, I was running 20 miles a day, could pick up a dozen hot out of the fryer and glaze to eat with a quart of whole milk from the diary shop on campus for a 10 PM snack... dadlaw still has engineering textbooks stained with the melted glaze.... 40+ years ago. Thanks for the memory trigger.
Max06
AG
I'd guess it's an ambient humidity issue and not so much an icing issue.
techno-ag
AG
They got a good score from the Health Dept. IIRC.
95_Aggie
AG
Shipley's donuts are best eaten fresh and warm ... not so good after sitting around for a while.
Hammerheadjim
AG
put em in the fridge, reheat as needed.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Leftover donuts? Disgusting. They make new ones all the time.
mgreen
I struggle not to eat the entire dozen from the time I leave until I get home. They are sinful piping hot.
sts7049
AG
we've reached a point where we complain about donut icing now?
AggiePhil
AG
It's the finer things in life.
AgResearch
AG
quote:
Leftover donuts? Disgusting. They make new ones all the time.
+1
capn-mac
Shipley's is open until 1400--if afternoon donuts are required, send somebody around right after lunch. Problem Solved.

Or, get the cake-style dunkers for after lunch; gives a reason to ,ake a fresh batch of coffee.

I'll just go ahead and hope that they are not shorting the sugar quantity and/or using one of the artificial sugars in their glaze--neither of those really sets well. (Ditto if they are using less fine-ground, e.g. icing, sugar in the glaze.)
________________________________________________________ Standing guard, even sitting behind a desk Occupational hazard of my occupation just not being around
PS3D
That's why we need a Krispy Kreme in town...fresh hot donuts at 8 pm.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.