Recycling cardboard

752 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Kidwrangler
The Grinder (99)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, from reading the instructions on city recycle pick up, it looks like they don't allow for cardboard of any sort.

This seems to be the material we have the most of, so it is a little annoying if true.

Is there any place to take this to get recycled?
ooshwa
Staff
AG
parking lot of bryan walmart. you don't even have to get out of your car!

http://www.bryantx.gov/environmental-services/recycling-programs/
ooshwa
Staff
AG
There also used to be a cardboard recycling dumpster on Adraince Lab Rd on West Campus, but I don't know if it's legitimately available for public use.

google street maps pic
Counterpoint
AG
Does anyone recycle the pots you buy plants in? The Bryan recycling center and Lowe's don't.

WildlifeAg02
Are you sure about the Bryan Lowe's? If so, they've changed polices, as I cleared out a bunch of them a year ago and mean to do the same again soon.

Edit: A quick search of their website indicates both area Lowe's recycles "plastic plant material".

Last time I just added my stack to those on a cart in the garden center. They don't have any designated receptacles that I am aware of.

ratfacemcdougal
Bryan recycle does not accept paper board, which is most of what people are calling cardboard, like cereal boxes and the like. There are large containers on campus on Adraince Lab that will take all of the paper board. I have been going there for years and as far as I know it is public. Just look for the labels on the containers and make sure you put your stuff in the correct place. Any real cardboard (shipping boxes) need to be flattened to fit in the slot of the "cardboard" container.
toolshed
AG
The containers on west campus are public. They take cardboard, plastic, glass, aluminum and paper that I am aware of. Brazos Valley Recycling out west on 60 services those containers.
Kidwrangler
I called before using the large bins on Adriance Rd. to make sure it was okay. I've been using them for over a year. Scroll down to see the materials allowed for that location:
http://www.brazosvalleyrecycling.com/we-recycle/

The lady I spoke with assured me they take all kinds of paper there, including hardback books. I bag the waxed cardboard from frozen entrees, paper-towel/toilet tubes, egg cartons, etc. all together. Corrugated cardboard goes in a different slot. A nice feature is they take ALL numbers of plastic (not just the 1 & 2.) We recycle Solo cups, butter tubs, the hard bubble-packaging that comes on so many items, & other items not picked up by CoCS.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.