Prom dining options?????

2,990 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by gettingitdone
gettingitdone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Need suggestions please for Prom dinner for a part of 18. I have tried reservations at Christopher's, but the earliest available time is 8:00 pm which is too late in the evening. The kids are burned out on Atami. Traditions is only offering buffet that day, and Amico Nave will let us make a reservation, but because it is TAMU graduation, they would only offer us a set menu. Not sure why that is, as TAMU graduation has nothing to do with regular patrons eating dinner, or even bigger parties eating dinner....so I am hoping the great citizen's of the b/cs can offer some ideas.
happyinBCS
Dos Brisas
don61
We've been to La Riviera. Great food, nice quiet atmosphere and reasonable prices.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
We've been to La Riviera. Great food, nice quiet atmosphere and reasonable prices.
armymom
Cafe Capri in downtown Bryan has a party room. La Riveria is good too!
jrhmc
AG
Madden's also does large parties but they're probably booked. That would be my first choice.
AggieAces06
AG
"and Amico Nave will let us make a reservation, but because it is TAMU graduation, they would only offer us a set menu. Not sure why that is, as TAMU graduation has nothing to do with regular patrons eating dinner, or even bigger parties eating dinner"

They do this so that the kitchen can handle a larger than normal crowd quickly to get people in and out. It's faster to make the same three things Over and over than have a full menu available. I wouldn't be surprised if you run into the same issues at other places if it is graduation weekend.

For a helpful suggestion... Maybe The Republic?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
back in my day we did the A&M Faculty Club on top of Rudder. kinda dating myself a bit but whatever..
rcannaday
AG
La Riviera, off of Texas Ave in Bryan, TX
techno-ag
AG
How about steaks at Rockin B Steakhouse.
Tanya 93
Veritas?
Brewmaster
AG
Cafe Eccel would be my vote (at least for a prom party of 18)
originaltexan
Hire a caterer from Round Top.
momlaw
AG
What are the dates of the various proms so us non-prommers can plan to not be in the way?
Scruffy
AG
Dirty sock.
OnlyANobody
quote:
What are the dates of the various proms so us non-prommers can plan to not be in the way?
Because this interests me, I went ahead and looked them up for us.

Consol - May 2
CSHS - May 9
Bryan High - May 16
Rudder - May 9
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
"The kids are burned out on Atami."

Hard times
momlaw
AG
Thanks for prom dates. TAMU graduation weekend is May 15, 16.
ShinerBlonde
AG
You could also try Luigis on Rock Prairie.
FlyRod
I'll second Cafe Eccell...they have the space.
momlaw
AG
Bryan High drew the short straw for dining options. Grad/move out weekends are busy at all price points.
aggiegal99
A trend I've been seeing in the last few years is parents getting together to cook, decorate, etc. and serving all the kids at someone's house. Or, they have it catered or a chef come cook it.
gettingitdone
Thanks for all the suggestions. Looks like Amico Nave is going to work out great afterall. I am so thankful. The set menu includes 3 entrees to choose from which is fantastic and will give the kiddos options.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.