Hairstylist for men?

1,784 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ksp
The Grinder (99)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When I lived here 15 years ago I went to see Nancy at "your #1 place for hair", I really liked her after countless failed attempts at barbers that all liked to try and give me 2 min haircut with clippers.

I don't believe she is still in business around here, so I'm looking for recs? Any suggestions?

Tia
FlyRod
Valerie with French Door on Longmire.
ksp
I just use sports clips, and I am V. particular about my hair. They even keep notes in the computer system for you come back as to exactly how you want it done.

This was after my stylist of 14 years quit cutting hair.
AggieJason
AG
Men don't need a stylist.

If your haircut takes more than 1 pair of scissors / clippers / combs, you're doing it wrong.

My vote is for Sport Clips, too, if you want to feel pampered. Otherwise - Northgate Barber.
Scruffy
AG
Quint at Sheers
Woody2001
AG
Yall know any barbers that still do shaves?
DBSwooper
You mean a barber?

Chuy on Boonville still has hot shaves and uses a razor to clean the edges.
Eliminatus
AG
Sonny's in Bryan is my go to. Hot shaves and haircuts
whitespikes06
AG
Quint at Sheers. Best place for a good cut. Take it from someone who is particular about their cut.
NativeTxn
Another vote for Quint or Maureen at Sheers.
shotcaller1
AG
Aggieland Barbershop. When I was out of state for a summer, I refused to get my haircut until after I came back.
AgySkeet06
AG
Whitney at haircuts by Whitney on sw parkway
eloc62
if your'e a guy, don't go to any place that has the word "Clips" in it. go to a barber shop! me and my son go the one in CS just south of the Planet Fitness and Prospectors place, across from the CS cemetery.
Raven
S
Quint.
DBSwooper
quote:
if your'e a guy, don't go to any place that has the word "Clips" in it. go to a barber shop! me and my son go the one in CS just south of the Planet Fitness and Prospectors place, across from the CS cemetery.

If you sit down and the person who holds only a beautician certificate asks you what guard you want on the clippers, you are in the wrong place if you're in search of a good haircut. There are a handful of guys in town who hold an actual barber certificate, I've gone to most if not all of them and it comes down to which one can you have the best conversation with, which will be different for each of us.

EDIT: I meant to also add that I used to go to that barbershop until Dan passed away. It is a tucked away gem of a place and I would have no problem going back!
ksp
side and back of my hair always get shaved with a two, then top is neatly done with scissors.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.