Where to get old utility poles or similar?

2,103 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by WheelinAg
WheelinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're looking for a few old utility poles to use as rollers when moving a shipping container around. BTU told me they sell theirs to the Producers. When I called Producers they had no idea what BTU was talking about. Anything with a consistent diameter that is cheap will work. Anyone know of a source?
BCStalk
Maybe just try a saw mill.
Brewmaster
AG
definitely try a saw mill... I think many of those old utility poles have a toxic preservative in them. I wouldn't want to be handling them.
Scruffy
AG
Check with other electric companies or co-ops.

I know my cousin in north Texas got 8 or 10 free, and the company even dug the holes for him, so he could build a car port.
There's a thread on the tine board about this as well (though it's more about RR ties
ksp
Maybe, waiting on a reply
ksp
OK sold in 8ft sections for $5 each pole.
ksp
Call 979-764-3429 ask for Todd.
GSS
Producers stores them next to their fuel depot facility. Ask for John Marino at Producer's.
redd38
AG
quote:
BTU told me they sell theirs to the Producers. When I called Producers they had no idea what BTU was talking about.

Seems like you and BTU are talking about completely different "producers"
ksp
if 8 ft works, just call the CoCS number I provided.
don61
My dad did buy some from Producers awhile back. You might want to speak to someone else.
Not sure if they still do but they might have just run out really quickly. But we definitely got ours there.
John Cocktolstoy
As many poles are replaced with something other than wood...the pole that would be sold is not in pristine shape and will have some marks from being climbed. Most of that creosote is gone also.
Second Hardest Workin Man on Texags
WheelinAg
AG
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'd really like 10-12' long so they stick out past the side of the container. We used mostly rotten utility poles the last time, but they are far to gone now to use.
tbone94
AG
I have some you can pick from for free. Pm me if u still need one.
WheelinAg
AG
tbone, I don't have PM's. Could you email me at dougsjunk02 at gmail Thanks!
WheelinAg
AG
Producers still has two piles in the field behind their old garden center. The person you need to ask for is Dr. Bill, as no one else knows about them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.