Dang driving in this area is getting worse every year.

2,915 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Oogway
Scoopen Skwert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not a scientific survey by any stretch, but I'd say 40% of the people here have no clue what the turn signal is or where it is located in their vehicle. I could be getting old and cranky but the driving in this area is rapidly going down hill.
ksp
Turn signal?
Scoopen Skwert
AG
the turn signal or blinker is almost as mysterious as a box of grid squares or chem light batteries.
BCStalk
Running stop signs!!!!! I bet 75% of drivers I see refuse to obey simple traffic laws. I vote 3 strikes and you lose your license for life. Then again I never see anyone pulled over. Just don't get it.
Yuccadoo
Texting while driving is the most dangerous activity I witness here....and by witness, I mean everywhere all the time!
woodometer
AG
I understand the recent shortage of blinker fluid is a leading contributor.
BCStalk
quote:
I understand the recent shortage of blinker fluid is a leading contributor.
Builder93
AG
It couldn't have anything to do with all of the college students who think they can eat a sandwich, text and have a dance party while driving or the brand new foreign driver who is learning to drive and read english or the visiting parents who haven't figured out how to use navigation on their phone?
FlyRod
It couldn't have anything to do with all the townies who haven't learned how to handle a pickup or an SUV properly, and who seem blissfully unaware of how much the area has grown in the last ten years and haven't adjusted their driving habits accordingly?
OnlyANobody
Ohmygosh - or the ones who drive those big dump trucks like they are sports cars?
AC Hopper
S
College Station PD should get off the dime and start handing out traffic tickets to the idiots around here!!
Put speeders, tailgaters, and aggressive drivers at the top of the list. Get them into city court to generate some revenue and start earning their keep!
NellCote71
quote:
Running stop signs!!!!! I bet 75% of drivers I see refuse to obey simple traffic laws. I vote 3 strikes and you lose your license for life. Then again I never see anyone pulled over. Just don't get it.
This.
ksp
quote:
quote:
This.
Stop sign cameras will fix that right up!!
InMyOpinion
Running red lights has always been a problem in this town but I do think the new left turn lights might be adding to it. I have noticed more and more people that think the flashing yellow turn signal is like a regular yellow light and just proceed through the intersection without a clue.
Post removed:
by user
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I was driving next to a girl this morning that was steering, filling out a worksheet (assume HW for her 8am class) and eating at the same time.
Oogway
I hope she wasn't the sedan driver that ran the red light at the Bush & Timber/Bizzell intersection because that was not a pretty collision this morning.

Please drive safely!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.