Selling engagement ring

2,859 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by chucktheaggiejeweler
amdee28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are there any good places in town to sell an engagement ring? I'd rather not just hock it at a pawn shop. TIA!
momlaw
AG
Chuck Konderla aka Aggie Jeweler is an honest fair person. He will give you quality advice.

Contact him with this link.
CS78
Just some FYI, engagement rings make pretty bad financial investments. Jewelry dealers tend to pay about 30% of what you or I pay to buy new. They are going to pay less than that to buy used from the public. Usually 10-20% of retail.
happyinBCS
Keep it
amdee28
Thank you guys for the info. I'm not looking to make a lot of cash from it or anything. It's just been sitting in a drawer for 2 years. Ex husband didn't want it back and I originally thought about having it made into something else, but I don't really need it. Figured I'd just try to give it a new home.
momlaw
AG
Seriously, contact Chuck. You can take or leave his advice. I would trust him with my children.
amdee28
Haha will do! Thank you!
OnlyANobody
That's my star on momlaw's post because, yeah. Chuck is good people.
originaltexan
Avoid pawn shop. They MIGHT give you the value of the weight of the gold or platinum or silver.

Talk to Chuck Konderla. He will meet with you in person and give you 100% accurate advice.

I met him about 6 months ago for some advice.

Surprise him with a $5 starbucks gift card for his time. There is never any pressure when you talk to him.
ellipsiscricket
Check out a website called "I Do Now I Don't." While I can't vouch for it personally, it's been around for a while and may be helpful to you.
techno-ag
AG
Jewelry's like cars. You buy at retail prices but usually you have to sell at wholesale prices.

Don't forget, sometimes a jeweler like Chuck can make new pieces out of the old, too.
Fis4Favorite
I personally have used Chuck to help sell an engagement ring. He really is all he is said to be! I've used him for other business more recently and I recommend him for all your jeweler needs!!
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
amdee28, I am happy to sit down with you and go over options etc. Our business is building and selling jewelry, but I am happy to help you with advice.
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.