Fertilizer

2,208 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Medi-Weightloss Clinics
fanof3.88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is it time to fertilize my St. Augustine yet?. If so, what can you suggest.
(Bryan)
carpe vinum
AG
Randy Lemmon fertilizer schedule

Producers Cooperative in Bryan is a good source.
originaltexan
I remember listening to Randy on AM radio...dude knows just about everything related to outdoors.

The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
I remember listening to Randy on AM radio...dude knows just about everything related to outdoors.

Randy is still on weekend mornings from 6-10 am on 740 KTRH. Comes in great in BCS
Turf-Ag02
AG
If I had a yard of my own, I would be fertilizing right now since the forecast is calling for a good soaking rain over the next couple of days. I always feel better letting the rain water it in rather than relying on a sprinkler system.
Hammerheadjim
AG
I use the Scotts Southern Turf Lawn Fertilizer from Home Depot.
Its not cheap, but it does the job quite well.

I would also fertilize this week and the first of June.
gigem70
AG
The only sure way to know what fertilizer to use is to do a soil test. Without test a 3-1-2 or 4-1-2 ratio should work fine.
HoustonAg2003
Aggieland Green!
GSS
Neil Sperry was recommending to fertilize after mowing the lawn twice (and that was mowing the grass, not any weeds that may have been an earlier target).
Looks like mid-April for most.
Turf-Ag02
AG
I have always used the "150 rule" when timing my first fertilizer app of the year and have had pretty good success with it.

If you add the high and low day time temps together, the closer it is to 150, the more active your turf will be.

Hard to do with pre-emergents but I usually shoot for late February because the soil temps are usually still low enough that the weed seeds are active yet.
Medi-Weightloss Clinics
Perhaps a little early but not a lot.....key is to use all or mostly all nitrogen fertilizer and go with as large a portion of that as possible as Urea coated (slow release). It makes a big difference. Producers is really all you need to know.... I personally like to use their maintenance formula for all year, but nothing wrong with their spring formulation either. We don't need potassium in our lawns here - clay soils hold on to it well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.