jerks who cut off their neighbors at Universtiy & 6 everyday

9,505 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by rhoswen
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

STOP LETTING THEM INTO THE LANE
91_Aggie
AG
got the correct usage of "you're" and then screwed up "sincerely"

And he's not an idiot... he's a jerk.

He'd only be an idiot if no one let him in.

ksp
This crap happens every morning on 40 right before turning onto wellborn. I do my best to stay close enough to not let them in
biobioprof
Not letting them in might make you feel righteous, but you're only adding to the problem by clogging the other lane too. It's not like the jerk is going to have a learning moment.
ksp
Maybe, just maybe they will.
duffelpud
AG
Haven't you heard - some animals are more equal.

/orwell
originaltexan
Problem can't be alleviated

56% of the drivers are texting and have head in downward position during the commute.

Foot is on brake pedal, and gas pedal is not being applied.

Therefore, as traffic moves, there is a two or three car gap.

VIP driver accelerates and cuts over.
mtec
Quite possibly one of my BIGGEST PET PEEVES OF ALL TIME. OP: Amen, brother! Amen.
summergal
They are annoying! This is the exact reason I avoid Briarcrest and the overpass at 6 Eastbound. They are worse than those turkeys at 6 and University.
rhoswen
AG
Not letting them in is actually a unifying experience for the rest of us and is therefore a good thing for society! Imagine the feeling you get, cheering on your neighbors, then the elation when they too stand strong. We're all psychically high-fiving each other while Head Dufus realizes he's going to have to continue on straight and turn around.
Baseball32
There is always some jack leg that thinks they are special and their time is more important.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
I'm not clogging the other lane by refusing to acquiesce to their turn signal. The idiot who has come to a dead stop in the middle of the road because they want to cut me off is the one clogging the lane.
montegobay
I refused to let someone driving a huge pick up pulling a trailer over at University about an hour ago. We were only about 20 feet from the intersection. The person behind me let them in.
agfan1030
I agree for the most part. However, I have found myself in a similar situation being the "jerk" not knowing either my lane was ending or getting caught farther back and no one letting me in from an ending lane. I always wish I could personally thank the person for helping me out. I don't try to push myself to the front of the line. But, sometimes it happens without meaning for it to. I don't think it's happened in B/CS but if it has I apologize.
dgonzo99
I see bad driving all the time on Villa Maria in Bryan. Just 2 days ago, a guy in a truck was in the left turn lane at the corner of Texas and Villa Maria. Suddenly he decides to make a right turn completely cutting me off. almost hitting me The light turns red. I honk the horn. He turns his head around and gives me a look like I hurt his feelings by honking. I don't think he even looked back when he did what he did. Didn't have a clue!
AgCPA
AG
The city ought to put those 2ft high plastic lane markers back to Lincoln so they at least have to run over something to change lanes...
ksp
quote:
I agree for the most part. However, I have found myself in a similar situation being the "jerk" not knowing either my lane was ending or getting caught farther back and no one letting me in from an ending lane. I always wish I could personally thank the person for helping me out. I don't try to push myself to the front of the line. But, sometimes it happens without meaning for it to. I don't think it's happened in B/CS but if it has I apologize.
The people on 40 know exactly what they are doing as they speed up well after going in the left lane to avoid cars and trying to speed up and find an opening. The funny part is they are wasting gas every morning when they floor it and only saved about 5 seconds maybe.
91_Aggie
AG
Was on hwy 6 access road in far left turn lane at Texas/Deacon intersection.
Guy with trailer in the right left turn lane next to me.

Light turn greens, and he almost hits me with trailer as he pulls into my lane to try to get on highway 6 entrance ramp from the right lane.

Jackass shot me the finger because I honked at him so he wouldn't hit me.
BQ_90
AG
I don't let them in but I don't want to tailgate the guy in front of me because if he hits his brakes them I'm ****ed because I'll plow into the back of him. So I try to leave a gap in which the morons try to sneak into.
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
Jackass shot me the finger because I honked at him
Honking at people.
agfan1030
Driving in right exit lane Fitch @ Welborn. Car driving at unsafe speed in left lane cuts me off nearly clipping both car in front of him and my front end. CSPD quickly does a u-turn and tails this person on Welborn for a coupe of minutes CSPD slows down and does a U and doesn't stop this unsafe idiot. Is that typical of CSPD? Wondered if he was just running his plates and didn't stop him if he was clear.
ksp
quote:
quote:
Honking at people.
He should have rolled his window down, shook his fist while screaming arghhhhhhhhhh
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Honking at people.
He should have rolled his window down, shook his fist while screaming arghhhhhhhhhh
He might drop his phone or beer if he does that.
BlazeHarper
May I request a future rant/thread regarding the turnaround on the HWY-6 Southbound feeder and people crossing over multiple lanes of traffic to make the road by Lowes ?

Would also like to vent about the newly installed 4 way stop at Eagle and Victoria ! Even my dog cried when he realized the city added one more stop sign on our way to the dog park.
Tim Weaver
I get caught in that situation a lot because for the last 20 years the middle lane also went straight. I forget and end up there instead of the right lane where I should be. It's only been a year or so that it's been different. Sorry for ruining your day......

It's not like I travel that direction a bunch either. Just when I'm going to the soccer fields or getting BBQ.....
ShinerBlonde
AG
If we want to complain about idiots driving in town, can we talk about the idiots who keep driving the wrong way down hwy 40 between Arrington and Barron? I almost got hit head on today for the 2nd time this year driving down 40 by a wrong way driver. This was the 4th time I have seen this personally since we moved into Castle Rock 4 years ago. This time I think someone turned left out of the new rattlers onto 40 heading toward Castlgate the other 3 times were on the other side when someone turned left off Victoria or Barron heading toward Castle Rock without crossing over 40 first.
anonymousaggie
quote:
If we want to complain about idiots driving in town...
Let us not forget those that sit for a good 30-45 seconds when the light turns green because they drive with their phone in their face!
Yuccadoo
The local PD should just set up permanently on University from bypass to bypass. The idiot quotient goes into the redline there. I always wonder if I could do contract work issuing traffic tickets on University alone. If I could just get a 20% cut, I could make damn good money. Speeding, life threatening lane changes, tailgating, road rage, and serial red light running. And why, with it next to a university, isn't it governed by a 'no fn cell phone usage' signs....with that, I could hire an extra helper.
aggiegal99
Question:

My husband and I disagree on this.

Driving eastbound on Harvey at the intersection with Hwy 6 (in front of the mall) and continuing straight on Harvey/Hwy 30, which is the correct lane to be in?

Once you get UNDER Hwy 6, only the far right lane continues straight. It's a solid white line dividing that lane from the other two lanes that turn left. However, at the light just before Hwy 6 (at the access road), if a driver is in the far right lane, he/she is blocking other drivers from turning right on red.

So, if a driver is in the 2nd to right lane, they then have to cross over a solid white line and cut in front of people to continue straight.

Clear as mud?
EMY92
AG
quote:
Everyone has been in that situation, but when you see the same cars doing every day on your way to work, you know it's not a mistake.
Rexter
All of the above posts are small potatoes compared to the tx ave s / deacon intersection for people headed s on 6. Sometimes I think I'd really enjoy stuffing the jerks that run the right lane up to the entrance and then try to cut over to the entrance ramp there are a lot of more equal animals that can't wait in line.
momtaxi
quote:
Once you get UNDER Hwy 6, only the far right lane continues straight. It's a solid white line dividing that lane from the other two lanes that turn left. However, at the light just before Hwy 6 (at the access road), if a driver is in the far right lane, he/she is blocking other drivers from turning right on red.

So, if a driver is in the 2nd to right lane, they then have to cross over a solid white line and cut in front of people to continue straight.

WINNER.WINNER!!!
spieg12
AG
You're not supposed to cross a solid white line. Who gives a crap about people turning right. Just get in the far right lane. It's a bad design but that's the way it is.
labmansid
quote:
Question:

My husband and I disagree on this.

Driving eastbound on Harvey at the intersection with Hwy 6 (in front of the mall) and continuing straight on Harvey/Hwy 30, which is the correct lane to be in?

Clear as mud?

I have gone through that intersection a lot, since that was the main way for me to get from home to work and back for many years until fairly recently. So I know exactly what you are talking about.

Technically if you are continuing straight on Harvey past the light, you should be in the far right lane. However, it seems like about 80-90% of the drivers in that lane are turning right onto the access road, either to turn in to the mall or get onto Hwy 6 South. When I am approaching that intersection, I generally try to size things up depending on traffic flow. If I am going to be the first one to reach the intersection, I often look in my rear view mirror to see if there is a car coming up behind me with their right turn signal on. If so, I usually try to move over to the next lane if it is safe to do so to allow them and likely several cars behind them to turn right on the red light. Then when the light changes, I will move over back into the far right lane when safe to do so once past that first light and proceed straight through. If they did not have their turn signal on, indicating they are going to be proceeding straight through, I probably stay in the far right lane. If they still turn right behind me after all, well they should have used their turn signal anyway.

If I approach the light and there are a lot of cars in the far right, I'm pretty sure most of them will be turning right just from experience. Usually the next lane has hardly any cars in it, and I get in it and proceed through when the light changes. Usually there is plenty of room to get back over once past the light. That seems to me to be the most efficient way to use that intersection. However, if by chance nearly every driver in the far right goes straight, which almost never happens, and there is no safe gap to pull into, I am willing to "suffer the consequences" as it were, and stay in the left turn lane and turn around after the turn when I can. I won't try to force my way in like a lot of jerks would. I see a lot of that happen from the other side of the intersection, coming into town from the east on Harvey. Just the other day I came in from that way and got in the left turn lane behind a few cars. A small car started to pull in behind me, then eased their way around me into the middle lane a few cars ahead of me. I knew exactly what was about to happen. Sure enough, once the light changed they squeezed themselves over so they could be about three cars ahead of me instead of behind me to turn left onto the Hwy 6 South access road. They then proceeded to take their sweet time merging onto 6, holding every one behind them up.

There are a lot of intersections in town that desperately need a dedicated right turn only lane, that intersection in particular on both sides of the bypass on the South side.
quote:
The city ought to put those 2ft high plastic lane markers back to Lincoln so they at least have to run over something to change lanes...

I agree with that in principle, except that there are a couple of other intersections in between.
Goat Man
AG
quote:
All of the above posts are small potatoes compared to the tx ave s / deacon intersection for people headed s on 6. Sometimes I think I'd really enjoy stuffing the jerks that run the right lane up to the entrance and then try to cut over to the entrance ramp there are a lot of more equal animals that can't wait in line.

Question: if a person were to do this then accelerate faster than you are they still a jerk?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.